Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Marckende
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
I think the prices for caterers and personal chef should be reevaluated a little bit I'm trying to Send many quotes without my pockets being totally drained
0 Kudos
Denise1
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Your pricing is difficult to predict based on the many variables that you use to determine the cost of each quote. It’s always a surprise and frankly way too complicated. When I first joined Thumbtack, it was very straightforward and transparent, and my business prospered. When you changed to this new system, I received totally irrelevant leads( personal trainer and nutritionist for a psychotherapist !) which made me feel totally unsupported by your company. When I read the reviews online of joining your more elite program, I saw nothing but negative reviews. While I realize that every business needs to watch their bottom line, it sadly appears that Thumbtack has done so at the expense of its customers.
0 Kudos
MandieBrice
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I hate how mysterious it is. I feel like I overpay on a lot of gigs. 

I like that we aren't charged when we don't hear back from people, but it seems like the gigs we are charged for can vary a lot and not necessarily appropriately. 

I would love to know before I bid what I'm paying, or have it be a small percentage of the quote or something. 

MORTempe
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Arbitrary pricing has not been something I've enjoyed. 

I do chemical odor removal, but I get carpet cleaning jobs offered to me. When it was a simple, small fee, I'd reach out to someone occasionally to offer a few tips about getting their cat urine smell taken care of so that when the carpet cleaning person shows up they don't spread the urine with a bunch of steam and water. Now I don't offer those helpful pieces because they're expensive. 

I also don't bid inexpensive jobs, because my profit goes towards the bid fee.

Additionally, I don't bid jobs for anyone renting because most likely they'll not hire and I've paid so that they have some leverage to get done what they want done from the management company. It an be easy to read a request and know they are simply needing a big number on a piece of paper with my letterhead. I would sometimes give those a shot because I know it's inexpensive, hoping for the best when someone does actually get hired, but not any longer since it may be quite expensive. 

Typically I'm simply paying to email back and forth with someone. Thumbtack has not gotten me good leads the last few months. 

0 Kudos
Coach-Stella
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
$57 dollars a “lead” and not a single one of them has come to pass as a legitimate lead for my business. The spamming I get with emails from thumbtack for “direct mailer inquiries” or expired/maxed out reach outs is painful. Guys, it’s like you’re not even trying to give me a viable business lead to buy. I don’t object to paying for leads but I haven’t been impressed with the caliber of conversations I’ve had to pay for.
Bunaqq9vqq
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I don't feel like it's fair not knowing what the charge is from day to day.I've met a few other pros who feel the same way.I guess we just have to deal with this or move on.I guess it's Thumbtack way or No way.

Solved! Jump to solution

We, as a small business, do not think your pricing is fair at all. We feel taken advantage of with the constant "leads" that go nowhere becasue it's someone simply clicking "what's your next availability" and then they fall of planet earth. You're charging us an arm and a leg to try and make business connections. It used to seem like you guys actually cared about both the customer AND the small business owners on here, but now it just seems like all you guys care about is lining your pockets with a lot of our wasted money. I hope you make some serious changes to the pricing and especially the wasted "leads" of a customer clicking a button and never replying after and yet we get charged a lot of money for it. Please fix your issues or you're going to lose a lot of clients.

TapSnap1205
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I haven't been charged anything yet.  I've submitted a couple of proposals and then there's been nothing.  

Can someone call me to explain how the system works? 

0 Kudos
MikeA
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
When you connect with someone after they see your proposal then you get charged. And the prices have gone up. So some weeks I go negative.
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
No worries, If anybody say only “hello” then you will charge a lot of Smiley Happy
0 Kudos