Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
ChrisPollina
Level 1

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

Everyone else has said it a million times -- it used to be a simple system that worked well for me (buy credits, know it costs to respond, decide whether or not to spend the credits) but now it's much worse (respond to someone, get an email back, then get charged some mysterious amount, you never know what it will be until you've been charged).  Easy fixes:

- list the amount you will be charged in people's requests

- explain the algorithm behind the pricing

- make it so there's a way to not get charged when someone replies to me with "not interested" or "already hired someone" or "those dates / times don't work for me" or "can you do it for half the cost you quoted?"

TheRod
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

Pricing is displayed in the mobile app on the section where Name / map / City/State is displayed - tap on Learn more and price is revealed

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm not quite sure how your new pricing will work for me because I haven't had any quotes that were responded to, yet. I used to get clients fairly regularly on Thumbtack, which was wonderful, but haven't with the new system. I'm hoping that there will be a way to send more personalized quotes again, in the future.

Thank you,

Tiana Mylene, Joy of Movement

DiannaM
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I am hesitant to keep using thumbtack because it has cost me much more than I’ve made. I am appreciative of the leads, but I feel like there should only be a way to charge me if the customer actually chooses to work with me rather than just a correspondence. To charge $20 for a conversation that goes no where is completely frustrating and way too expensive. It should also be relative to the fee you would be charging the customer. If I’m only asking for $65 and you take away $20, is this even worth it for me? Not likely. Make it a percentage of my fee instead.
CamRadke
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution

This method of paying when a potential client contacts me lets me feel like I'm not throwing my money into the abyss of internet profiles. However, there are times when this system backfires. One example comes to mind for Music Entertainment. I spend over $30 for a quote. Now if this job is $400, $30 is fair. However, when I find out this client doesn't have a budget and is looking for someone to volunteer their time for tips, I have now spent $30 on a project I never would have bid for. If I get one gig after pitching for 4, that's half of the profit from a gig. In that respect, the pricing is not tailored to each individual project and the budget. If the client put the dollar amount they are willing to pay for the gig FIRST, that would allow me to gauge whether I value the $30 quote. After all, peoples' opinions on "basic" and "premium" etc is never going to be the same. Some may think $50 is basic and $400 is premium, where a corporate client might think $400 is basic and $4000 is premium. I wasted too many $30 bids for jobs that had a lower budget than they originally stated. Because of this, I now go elsewhere to get gigs, which is a shame. 

Clep
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree completely with everyone on pricing per lead. It has reduced the amount of responses I can make since it has more than tripled in the past 2 years.
Checaskey
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree completely

0 Kudos
DAEffSpec
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

The pricing is what it is. You are providing this service and ultimately will do what you want. I have been on Thumbtack for almost 4 years with one company or another and know that what we say about value won't make a difference. You make the changes that YOU want, then disguise them by saying it's what WE asked for.  The only issue I reallyhave is the different billing times. I pay immediately in some instances, and then sometimes I'm charged 3-4 weeks later? It messes with my accounting and need more consistancy from Thumbtack.

Mike69
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I liked it the way it was before!! If I wanted to quote; I just paid at that time. I don't like having my card available to your team to charge me whenever they want!! It happened a couple of times before!! I'm very unhappy with the leads I receive!!😕 I am a wedding & event florist! I provide flowers; not table linens, draping, lighting, etc.
0 Kudos
toeknee
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Pricing is too high for small business owners who want to stay local. Bring back free quotes for locals.