Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
SepticPro
Level 1

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

Thumbtack does not provide many opportunities for me.  Not your fault.  Prices seem a little high.  My business requires an immediate response via phone, as for most people this is an emergency product.  Meaning if you have poop coming up in your shower and tub you are not waiting 1 hour for someone to respond.  I believe in the year I have gotten 10 or 12 jobs and only landed one.  Reason's for such low benefit is most conversations last 24 or 36 hours because I do not see the email immediately then when I respond they don't look at there email's.  Meanwhile they have called someone else.  Is there a way to get me their phone number.  If not I will need to quit using you.

0 Kudos
MerMan
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree completly with all of the other people. Something they are not saying is that I have to call once a week to either have my bill adjusted because i have been double charged or everytime I speak to thumbtack i get a different answer. I was told i wouldnt pay for leads unless people responded to me then i was told only idf they picked me over everyone else. then i was told i had to pay for every lead. then i was told i wouldnt have to pay if i signed up for instant match unless I aceepted the gig then I was told i didnt hav to pay if it was instant quote and i declined it. I was also told that the people they are targeting on thumbtack want to get a quote and book right then without having to talk to anyone. Well that may be true but ai cant give you an excat quote if I dont know what you are doing. Go back to credits and then I know how much money I am spending and can budget. Also I have paid for over 30 quotes in the past month that the people just said are you available and then never responded again. After looking at the results I am the only one the sent it too so if thats not fake then whats up. I am one ten different websites and I have more problems in one week on thithumbtack then all the other sites together in a year! Sad part is I do get some great customers from time to time but its becoming way too expensive to even hang around for them........................................Very disappointed in the new system

0 Kudos
LanceS
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi, and thanks so much for reaching out to us. 

1) I am concerned that so many leads never call me or anyone else... we need to collect more information about what exactly they are looking for. 

2) I think you could give vendors and customers better service if you broadened your service catagories.  Case in point, I am a kitchen designer, and draftmsan.  I really wish you had a catagory for "Kitchen Design" seperate from "Kitchen Remodeling".  I am a "Drafting Service" that is not the same as an "Architect".

3) To respond to your question about costs... I can't say I understand how you price the leads you send me.  I can't make head or tails of it.  I do appriciate not paying unless they contact me.  That helps with point #1 for sure.  I think if you collected more information, you could  price the leads on a published scale of valuation.  That way everyone would know what to expect.  In my catagories, the leads are not too expensive, but rather could be better qualified. 

4) I have just recieved a phone call from a rep from Thumbtack, and I think that is a great idea... someone who can get to know me and my business... help me dial in my profile, and bidding process... that has the potential to be a great addition. 

5) I wish I heard more about Thumbtack in the media.  Home Advisor has a much larger media presence.  Of course as I say that, I have no idea the actual size of these companies, and I understand that advertizing takes a budget!  

Ok, so thanks for listening. 

Warm Regards, 

Lance Stratton, President.  Studio Stratton Inc. 

haus_evo
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I appreciate the discussion on pricing.  I really enjoy using Thumbtack, as opposed to lead services like Home Advisor.  With regard to pricing, Thumbtack varies which makes bidding on projects somewhat difficult.  I would find it more beneficial for a pricing list generated by Thumbtack that pros could reference prior to submitting bids.  The variation is difficult because most projects submitted by homeowners are less than $150.  When Thumbtack's fees vary from $11 to $50, the projects sometimes quickly become unprofitable. 

Hammerhead
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

When I became a Thumbtack member I bought credits and that program worked well. It's always "win some-lose some".

Now, the way the payment schedule is structured it's "Thumbtack wins-You lose".

I set my weekly budget to the lowest point ($45) for 1-2 contacts. The last potential client response cost me $75!  Even though I had set my weekly budget lower. This particular client response was, "when's a good time to chat?" I responded immediately with an answer and call time. The "client" never called and that was over a week ago!

Now, I'm once bitten twice shy! Until Thumbtack develops a better pricing structure they're no better than Home Advisor who, by the way, are straight up con artists!!

Solved! Jump to solution

Hammerhead,

We’ve had the same type of responses. Our latest was “I’m definitely interested, what are the next steps? We responded twice with no response back either time......only to be charged. Ugh! 

0 Kudos
Hammerhead
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

@Heavenlyhawgsbb wrote:

Hammerhead,

We’ve had the same type of responses. Our latest was “I’m definitely interested, what are the next steps? We responded twice with no response back either time......only to be charged. Ugh! 

Furthermore, I am a General Contractor and I can't give a detailed quote  based on the minimal information from a customer. It needs to be a requirement that a customer, who for the most part is just scouting, submit a fairly detailed summary of what they want! How do I respond to: Home remodeling. 100ft to 1500sf. Please, Get a clue Thumbtack!! If you are intent on taking our money we have to make some first!!

0 Kudos
BarryKerr
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
The current price system works better for me. Because of how I describe my services, I know if someone contacts me, it's probably a good match. So I only pay for good matches. I am a life coach. Other types of businesses have different challenges
TomS
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
The trouble is that you are trying to guess the value of a POSSIBLE lead. I understand it may be difficult but my vision of at least part of the problem is: you let the customer pick a category without them knowing the impact on price. I do Handyman work, I get notices for home remodel and when I look, the customer wants an outlet changed TT wants $75 because it's in a bad category for what needs done. I cant bid because the job wont even pay &75.
That is an extreme but real example.

Solved! Jump to solution
I have been with Thumbtack almost from the onset (credits were $1.67 each). When the option to purchase credits ( in bulk or individually) was changed to this new model of a “required”weekly budget I was not a fan- nor am I a fan of allowing Thumbtack to hit my credit card on occasion as stated in the fine print. I used to bid on several jobs a week and when the cost of quotes “skyrocketed” I cut down dramatically it is much too expensive. I only bid on the larger paying jobs and had to increase my prices- I have only gotten 1 job since this new model began. Might as well hire a marketing company for the outrageous prices Thumbtack this s charging for quotes now. Whoever came up with this new model blew it.