Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Jm
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
I do both counseling and life coaching. The hourly price and what I stand to gain is the same, but I am charged significantly more for contacts from people seeking coaching. Also some people want weekly sessions while others want only monthly or even a single session but Thumbtack charges the same price regardless. I feel the fee for counseling leads is fair but the fee for coaching leads is excessive.
0 Kudos
Sandra
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
Things used to be a lot better. I’m always charge for leads that say the same thing, what’s your availability? And I never hear anything back. I’ve voiced my opinion a few times. It’s wrong how I feel scammed now and I’m a very good pro with los of reviews
paschulea
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I thought I was the only one who had their business deeply effected by your changes over the last year, but after reading other pros reviews I realize that we are all very disappointed and ready to leave your site.  The number of jobs I receive is about 1/6 of what I used to get when I could customize my replies and was charged a fair price for the contacts.

Once you decided that your automatic matching was basically mandatory (we can no longer actually reply to the customer's personal requests) we were screwed.  If you don't auto reply for us, we are low on the list and lucky to be seen.  Then if the customer sees us - they get out generic profile instead of answers/data regarding their request.  You decide how much we pay randomly.  This sucks.

Go back to your practices of early 2016 or before and you'll know what is fair pricing and good service.  I have been a Top Pro since 2015 and rarely receive a booking per month from you now.

(This is at least the fifth time I've given you this feedback in writing or verbally to your representatives)

E-Rock
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

Only charge us if we get hired or at least after we've completed an in person meeting. From the comments I've read it's obvious we're tired of being charged for clients who never had any real intention of hiring us.

0 Kudos
fitcap
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution
FOR WHAT EVER REASON THUMBTACK HAS THROWN OUT THEIR "RULE BOOK", CHANGED PLATFORMS, REARRANGED POLICIES, TOOK AWAY PROMISES, CHARGING PROS ENORMOUS FEES , FAVORING INSTANT MATCH PROS OVER PROS NOT USING INSTANT MATCH.... 

I WOULD LOVE AN HONEST ANSWER AS TO WHY THUMBTACK LEFT THE OLD PLATFORM IN FAVOR OF THE INCREDIBLE MESS THAT HAS OCCURRED .....I HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTERED SO MANY MANY UNHAPPY PROS AS I NOW DO!!!..

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THUMBTACK?? 

TRULY THIS COMPANY IS BROKEN AND IF NOT FIXED WILL LOSE THE PROS THAT FEED IT AND BE OUT OF BUSINESS VERY SOON IF NOT SUED AS WELL!!!!!
0 Kudos
cheriopelt
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I am totally confused by what you charge for the leads. I've also noticed I get a lot of requests for services I do not provide, especially home organization. I have tried to adapt my quote to your system but the service I provide in home staging has a lot of variables including the price range of the home and the quality of furnishings I will use. Not sure any of this helps you but it had stopped me from using you temporarily while I reevaluate the value. 

All I know for sure is I use to get valuable leads and I do not anymore and I pay too much for the few I get.

Cheri Opelt Keckeis

0 Kudos
fitcap
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution
By the way...
As a personal trainer I can not
understand the ridiculous way you choose to CHARGE...
Person joins the gym...they have set packages ...clients pay ....... that's has nothing to do with how serious they are about training ....nobody knows that except for the trainer once the trainer finally begins to train the client.
YOUR'E SAYING THAT FROM A SILLY FORM (A not even a phone conversation speaking to the person.....)THEY FILL OUT YOU CAN JUDGE WHICH LEADS ARE MORE PROFITABLE.. THAT'S BS TO THE MAX!!!!!
ALL LEADS ARE PROFITABLE BECAUSE PERSONAL TRAINING IS THE SAME WITH EVERY CLIENT .....THEIR NEEDS VIA HOW DECONDITIONED THEY ARE IS WHAT THE PERSOAL FEE TO LEADS AND WHEN/IF THEY HIRE A TRAINER THE DEPOSIT IS RETURNED!!!!
0 Kudos
ProControl
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I’m going to take the time to reply to this. In my opinion, I think that the pricing scale is out of hand. I understand and appreciate that Thumbtack does not have outlandish membership fees, but at this point, there is not much difference because of how they charge for the leads. It seems that they have taken the time to collect data and charge per service based on a percentage that they deem sufficient. This percentage is roughly about what I would pay a sales representative, therefore, I have to take the leads that I pick and choose. This hurts a lot of things.
1) The Customers!!!! that I choose not to bid ( due to pricing and/or customers imputed information)
2) My time.(since I will not send a sales rep. out to sell it ( because of cost of lead) which hurts my company moral due to not being able to give them a “give me” lead.
3) The amount of people that could actually benefit from my Services.
(Since I’m picking and choosing my leads way too carefully)
4) My bottom line. (Due to the different price percentages for the different services.)
5) How I feel about using Thumbtack.
I have a great business with outstanding service, I use Thumbtack for some leads (used them a lot more before the price increases) and I would want Thumbtack to help bring my company to the next level, it just seems to me in my opinion that it might be just “Missing the boat”.
GrafeFamily
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I love Thumbtack! I have booked four jobs this month. However, the change in pricing related to getting leads has me concerned. It seems like the folks at Thumbtack want to make things work well for all of us but lack a good business plan for connecting the right leads to the right people. They would do well to research what other companies like them are doing, find out what works best for them and model their lead program accordingly.

0 Kudos
JLau
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
The most confusing part is the ambiguity of what I’m being charged. Or why people an hour away can send me a message (charging me) when it would be totally inconvenient and non profitable to travel for my current listed price. This needs to be taken into account. Also a way to freeze my account so I can take a break from being charged and still see some requests since my schedule is very full and limited I don’t like being charged too much just for comparing schedules.
0 Kudos