Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Vimarata,

Thanks for the shout-out.  I would be happy to discuss my concerns about Thumbtack pricing for live bands in more detail with you.  I get lots of TT inquiries, but rarely if ever reply anymore because 1) I don't have a way to contact clients directly to follow up on a lead, 2) I don't have enough information to determine if the client is a looky-lou or a serious client, and 3) the weekly budget is not a cost-effective method of doing business.  Please feel free to contact me any time if you wish to discuss this further.

All the best,

John Steinreich

Born2danceDJ
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

We now do not have a way to track our bids.  I am avrageing spending $100.00 every10 days.  I want to have a per job cost like before and I do want to bid for the event and do want to purchase credits.  There is no way to track what I spend.    I spenyt $30.00 to answert someone who inquired about my service through a referral, that should have bee a no charge.  I have not gotten back a response and the gig is a year away.

Solved! Jump to solution
Your pricing structure was my concern, I get that the changes benefit your company's growth in the short run but you've destroyed your reputation, I don't even consider thumb tac jobs anymore, I deleted them as they come in. Other contractors in my area warn against using you, and customers are starting to use Angie's list.
Corliss1963
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
The problem I was having is that I live in rowlett tx 75088 and was receiving leads in the houston area can you fix this ?
Respectfully. Larry Taylor
0 Kudos
DAEffSpec
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
These responses in no way address any of the concerns I expressed. Furthermore, I was told I'd get an individual response. And finally, all I'm seeing is thumbtack making excuses, and confirming that nothing is going to change, unless thumbtack decides internally that they want it to.
keondrej
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
That isn't good enough. When someone replies with something other than "no thanks" or "I'm going in a different direction" we will still be charged if they decided to stop responding. We can't force them to answer and neither can you but in the case that potential clients do not reply reliably we need to get some sort of reparation for that. My suggestion is reduced payment for initial contact and the rest after the job is marked finished/reviewed. The current way can become unsustainable and comes off as disgustingly greedy.

Solved! Jump to solution

Yes!  

I've had a potential client for 3 months now that I'm working on.  I paid $40.00 because they contacted me.  We've been talking off and on, and now he doesn't even respond to my messages.  There's $40.00 out of my pocket for someone who just decides to stop talking to me.  I think we should have to pay when we're hired, not when we're talking to somene.