Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
rzuklin
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

I was just lookuing through my files from 2016 and 2017 I really noticed how much work I did in those years do to Thumbtack, I enjoyed it much more with credits rather than the current system, and not to mention that the price for a gig is much more exspensive today. The customers have no vested intrest they will reply to every vendor onthere just to see what the cheapest price is, I understand that is a way for Thumbtack to make more money but not doing any of us any Justice. i liked it better when only 5 bids were able to be submitted to a customer as well. I know I was using it more and spending more money the old way because I really do not use the site anymore it is just to exspensive.  Ther is a new site that is doing it the old thumbtack way and I am starting to use them now, they are new and up in coming but starting to gaion traction. if Thumbtack does not do Something I think it will become a thing of the past like my space. 

New pricing structure

Solved! Jump to solution
So I don’t like the new pay by quote price. A quote is a quote to me and many of the leads I have received lately go nowhere because the people are flakes and never follow up to your messages. I liked thumbtack a lot more when it wasn’t so complicated.
ctp722
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I don't find much confusing about the price just that the price is just too high, some months I had been paying 3-400 per month! I would also love there to be a cap (for example: no more than $150 per month) for leads. 

Chris 

DaveAZ
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

STOP RIPPING US OFF!!!

TELL US WHAT EACH LEAD WILL COST UP FRONT!!!

IT'S PRETTY SIMPLE!!!

BE OPEN AND HONEST!!!! 

WE ARE YOUR PAYING CLIENTS!!! 

DJRICHIERICH
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
My sentiments exactly they won't tell us the price but they keep charging and they want you to leave it on auto shaking my head
Cbarcelo
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

It's a blind system for the pro. I've had identical quotes, from identical zip codes, for identical services, and an identical level of interest --- looking to hire now --- and the prices have been wildly different. One quote being a little over $25, the other $12. Transparency on the pricing would help. 

In addition, the changes don't deliver more hiring or even more serious requests. I'm paying eight to ten times per quote and the customers are no more serious nor likelier to hire. I've been slowly moving my bussiness away from Thumbtack --- the changes are not worth it. 

Solved! Jump to solution

Simply too expensive for too little in return. I've had a lot of customers respond to my quote and then either try to low ball my price, just disappear/cancel the project, or presumably find someone who is willing to work for below market value. Yet, I still have to pay an asinine percentage of the quote. The way it's set up doesn't make sense. Either charge the customers a percentage to list (I think they would take things a bit more seriously) or charge a reasonable percentage only once someone has marked you as hired. Until then (like many others) I have stopped sending quotes. I wish I could get the $1500+ back in charges for people simply writing me "Will you go lower on your price?".

DJRICHIERICH
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
If I could get all the money back for every customer that asked me are you available mannnnnnnn!!!!
0 Kudos
CSID-Inc
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
It’s hard to set a value on a lead and I believe there are more factors involved other than a potential client checking boxes. I understand the need to make your platform user friendly.

Having said that I believe different areas throughout the country should play an important factor in pricing. I’m in LA, but someone on a less populated city should not pay Los Angeles prices.

I feel that potential clients need to be more specific in their inquiry. For me and my business, I’d like to see more of a description of work they would like to do.

I strongly feel that the budget range should be brought back. Again In my profession most people know how much they can spend. Since Thumbtack has changed and removed that from an inquiry, I’m finding that about 75% have no idea, and I am driving to their location (and back) to educate them and not getting the business. A total waste of my time.

The things that help me decide to bid are the following:

Location - how far are they from me.

Type of service wanted. It would be helpful if they had to give a brief summary of the scope of work.

Budget- this really helps me as a professional (and whom pays your salaries) to decide if this is a viable lead, or am I just bidding blind. Previously (when the budget range was still in place) I landed a very large renovation project that ultimately was published in the article Thumbtack got some free press. The client knew that he needed to spend and had determined an appropriate budget. Even though it was several miles away, I was willing to bid and I got the job.

If someone doesn’t hire me because we are not a fit is one thing, but when I have to drive 5-30 miles in Los Angeles traffic for a learning session, it bums me out and is wasted time and energy.

Thank you for the opportunity to discuss my thoughts.

I have told others that I work with about your platform and overall it has brought me business. I believe I’ve been hire over 35 times in five years. For a one woman interior design firm, that’s pretty good.

Debby

Solved! Jump to solution

I cerify people in CPR and first aid. My prices are below most quotes. Many times I get a request for one person. It is unlikely that I will send a quote, because if they respond, I pay a large percentage of what Thumbtack charges me. Many time I get a request for large groups and never here back. In the last few months I have received requests from other instructors who are "testing the waters", and I get charged for that. I wish I had a way of calling people who are requesting a quote. I send out many quotes and never hear back. With other forms of advertising, I talk to the customer directly and close the deal 95% of the time. Much lower with Thumbtack.