Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
TheFitCubano
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
Remember when a quote cost like $3 lolz

Solved! Jump to solution
I don’t think that it’s fair to pay for leads when a customer reaches out and says they want more info and then you never hear from them again. The cost per lead is getting a little out of hand as well. I don’t mind paying for the lead but, it should be more reasonable or make it so where you pay when you get hired or something like that.
Jellee
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I've used Thumbtack almost from its inception and always found it to be the perfect advertising tool for me to find new students. I teach vocal, songwriting, production and more and helping aspiring singers and musicians move to another level in the music business is the goal with my having been a successful professional in the business for over 50 years. With my only charging a small amount $40 per hour for private lessons the old system of charging me if someone decided to hire me was fine and the amount of $3-6 fee was equally fair. Even though there would be some that I paid for that changed their mind, didn't show up or continue, that was a part of business. I give each prospective client a chance to come to my studio, sit down and discuss what they want to accomplish and then set up a prospective plan for them decide if they want to continue before charging them, therefore our first encounter has always been free. I would discuss that with them through the Thumbtack discussions, even though Thumbtack demanded I show the fee of $40/hour I would explain the first visit would be free. But if I'm now to pay Thumbtack $30-$40 or more if someone just contacts me, makes no sense. I've loved Thumbtack and sent many customers to you through the years of other businesses. But this new business model you have makes not sense. You have to have a way to get paid and I for sure understand that, but there is no one size fits all glove out there as it seems to me you're trying to make happen. I feel a policy similar to the old one in which if I actually am hired I pay Thumbtack makes the most sense. A fair increase in that is also fair but I feel you should act more like an agent does in our business. If he actually gets you the job, you pay him/her a 10-20% fee of that job and in our case it'd have to be the first interaction only. If I'm charging $40 per hour and I have to pay you this percentage if I get the job because of you then you should be paid this percentage, otherwise you've done nothing to earn the fee. Jimmy Lee

LARMAR4850
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

You have sent me this massage eight different times .I think I got it so please don,t send it anymore !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
curtgolden
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

My point throughout all of this is that Thumbtack has a perfect right to charge whatever they feel is appropriate, tempered by their judgement of what the market will bear. All I ask is THAT THEY TELL ME THE PRICE BEFORE I BID. It's not complicated. I've been in business all my life, and I am perfectly capable of assessing value and risk, and making a decision about whether or not I am willing to pay the price.

It's Economics 101!

If any of the brain trust that came up with this scheme would like a guitar lesson, give me a shout. We'll get together and at the end of the lesson I'll tell you what you owe me, based on my judgement of how hard I worked.

Seriously, THINK!

JasonR
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Hey there I sort of disagree with you and the fact that I don't think they should have the right to charge anything they want for invaluable leads. If they were legitimate valuable leads then you wouldn't have as many people on these lists that she just put up complaining. Each business is different. For example I'm in the travel business. We don't make a lot per trip. Most people are actually just dreamers in our business very few are looking to book right away. Whereas somebody looking for something specific say guitar lessons, knows they're looking for guitar lessons and not really dreaming. So I shouldn't have to pay $15 for a what if all because they responded High what's next. That Shirley is not a viable lead. But I am with you on the fact that they should post what the cost will be up front so thank you for that comment.
TackMaster GreyBugPhoto
TackMaster

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree
0 Kudos
JasonR
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
The problem with your system is that buyers are not educated in a lot of cases. And what I mean by that is not about travel about etiquette about answering questions about contacting us. I even have in my quotes and a lot of cases don't contact me on Thumbtack if you're just looking for some quick quotes and not serious about travel. They still contact me from their asking me what the price would be. Most people are Price shopping they want a price and they don't want to go through a bunch of different steps to get it! You may have to come up with a package where you follow up with them to see if they bought a package with us and in which case then you charge us $15 or even $20 I'm okay with that I would say look let as many travel people contact us as we want. Whether they click on higher or not from Thumbtack that doesn't mean they actually purchased. I recently had someone hire me on Thumbtack but has not booked her travel. So when they do follow-up and book travel once it's booked charged me $20.