results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Simon
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

"You have to realize the most people begin the process as shoppers, not really serious about a project."

As succinct an explanation as to why this scale of pricing isn't working as I've read.

Elegantink1
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
Yes i realize that.
0 Kudos
tack123
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
Bottom line please listen:
The problem with Thumbtack as well as Bark...
There is no respect for the business owner. Professional business owners have better options than Thumbtack and Bark.
With a prober web site and decent ranking concerning a Google search , we ( professional business owners ) are far better off than wasting our time and money on platforms such as Thumbtack and Bark where you get no respect or accountability from “ possible” clients. In the the scam like behavior theses platforms will be gone in a few years
ThePainter
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
Some times paint 2 rooms are 29.09, but some times I pay 75.00, why?
0 Kudos
GSPPaint
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I think it’s amazing that you pay anything other than $75. I pay $75 for every quote I get on this site. And the worst part is that it’s a surprise every time. I think I’m going to have to leave thumbtack.
0 Kudos
Kdcatering
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
This is from this morning!

Me:
I was wondering if I could get a refund on this customer. I have made numerous attempts to contact her with no response. I can't afford to pay for customers who want to discuss thier event but never contact me after saying they will. Please refund my money. Thank you.
Monique McGoldrick
Wedding and Event Catering
Oct 9, 2018
Thumbtack's response:
It can sometimes be challenging when a customer doesn't respond. However, since they reached out and show interest it's not something that's refundable. We want to remind you that what you pay for on Thumbtack is a lead and not a hire. Thumbtack is here to help customers and pros make that first connection. What pros pay for is the first time the customer responds, giving the pro the opportunity to sell themselves and their work. Hires are never a guarantee, however, the idea is for the pro to earn enough hires in the process to make up for the cost of those connections. There will always be those customers who go a different route or are unsure, however, there will also be those customers who know what they want and are ready to hire.

Me!
serously don't like this new way. It's costing way more money than the old way. Very very dissatisfied with thumbtacks new policy. I won't recommend pros to sign up with you. Feeling very infuriated.
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I think the main issue i have is the increase in price per quote . It's harder to make a profit with the leads becoming more expensive . The only other issue I Have is the amount of false leads or people who contact me but never intend to hire . I'm starting to see a bit too many of these lately . Other than that I'm pretty satisfied with the service and will continue using it .
0 Kudos
Pvalentine
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
Your pricing is lower per lead for interior design than HomeAdvisor but I get fewer leads. Not sure if it’s because of the number of my reviews or something else.
0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

In the past I used Thumbtack frequently. Now, I deleted the app from my phone. Before the changes, the most I ever paid for a lead was around $7 and only 5 pros could respond. That is a total of $35 thumbtack makes from one inquiry. Now, you are charging $60 or more for the same quote with no guarantee that we actually got the job. No thanks. Before the change I would say 1/10 quotes converted to a job so I was okay spending $3-$7 per quote because half of them were not even opened so I wasn't charged. Your fees have priced me out of your market, that is for sure. If you are going to charge that much you should only do so after it is marked as hired. 

ddbisig
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I do not understand the pricing system at all.  I'm hearing that even if you question a lead or they question you, there is a hefty fee and most don't pan out anyway.  Since I provide accounting services with varying levels of fee structure, I always need to get more information from potential clients and they from me.  I realize that most leads are shopping around and for me to be charged for a "fishing expedition" is not sustainable for my business.  I wouldn't mind if I got the business, but I am hesitant to go any further with leads from Thumbtack and am considering terminating the relationship.