Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
MikeA
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
Agreed. It is quite high for life coaching. I’m not sure how they came up with that.

If leads were less than $5. I would bid a lot more and get more clients.
0 Kudos
beccajonez
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I think the pro should only be charged once hired. I don’t believe that this is “free marketing” I don’t believe this because when someone contacts me, but then goes with another pro, they are no longer interested in my work, but I am still charged. I can not afford to use this app much because of random contacts who have questions that have no intention of hiring sometimes.
MikeA
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
That’s how I feel. I have decreased my usage.
0 Kudos
Calhouncafe
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
The pricing seems unfair in that you pay even if you do not get the job. You have to pay just to answer an inquiry. We have a current request for 200 to which we did not respond because we will be charged a large amount just to tell them we may not be able to meet their need. We have been charged for events we know we cannot do.
0 Kudos
taxhelp
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I stopped using the service as accounting clients are shoppers or not serious. It would be much better to have clients pay and than we give them a credit if they follow through and get a service done.  And a flat fee needs to be charged as half the time they do not know what they actually need or want. 

Ronsparks
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
I liked thumbtack at first I've leaned away from it because of the pricing I liked knowing the bid was 2 or 3 dollars a bid not set a amount a week bid 1 time and get charged 15 for that one bid go back to the old up front pricing
0 Kudos
Calhouncafe
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
It is not worth us using it at the current pricing scale, but we would love a more reasonable option.
amcostello1
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Its erratic, plain and simple. If you are going to have some algorithm that determines the value of the lead then you should present that with the lead so a professional can make an informed decision and determine if there is enough value for them. As a mental health professional, I have repeatedly asked that you add a "type of insurance" form so that I know if it's even worthwhile to contact someone that I may or may not cover. The auto bid strategy was a disaster on my end with poor quality leads for way too much money.

Broker
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I am waiting on a lead in my area of service to get you some better feedback.

The market is slowing down a bit and people are paying more for leads putting the squeeze on the smaller businesses.

Don't beat yourself up, even Sears is filing BK, we're in a small air pocket, the market needs a breather every so often.  Take a vacation and come back to work waiting to be accomplished.

As for pricing, keep it simple and fair. Keep your lead prices low so you can make your money on the volume of leads, plus make sure you diversify onto ALT platforms such as senior citizen sites, military sites, etc...

Thats all I have for now!

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi Vinamrata,

Whether I pay $5.00 per quote to a customer or $20, I'm still taking a risk of not being the chosen Pro with other Pros competeing for the same job. It wasn't such a big risk a year ago.  I joined Thumbtack when the cost was $3.17 per quote to try and gain a client.  I have switched from using only referrals for clients and I have stopped using Thumbtack, because I can't afford $20+ gambles each for a client.

Just because a wedding has a guest list of 250, doesn't mean the bride wants to spend loads of money on flowers.  Yet florist on Thumbtack still have to pay $20+ to quote.  It is usually food/catering/alcohol and entertainment that have the largest budgets and flowers are simplified with just the wedding party and many clients save money by DIY -ing centerpeices and decorations.

Thumbtack out priced me and I'm no longer looking at potential clients in my emails.

Marybeth