results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
TNP509
Level 4

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution
We feel the same! That is why we are no longer even sending quotes out for jobs. Now we get charged anywhere from $15-$50 (probably higher for some people) if a customer simply replys "were going with another company". This is just greedy & a poor business practice.
Numerous Business Entities get charged Thumtack's obscene *fee(s) for the Same Job! Just for talking with the customer & answering questions, We All get charged as if We have All Won the Job! Even though we all know that is not the scenerio. Only 1 Service Provider gets chosen for each job inquiry, but you-Thumbtack-charge Every Business Entity whom the customer speaks with as if they have won the job. All in all, Business Owners are being cheated by this new system Thumtack has implemented.
If you've seen a great drop in users of your service, this is plainly the #1 reason.
0 Kudos
Denleyc
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I agree u get charged if the customer contacts u and then doesn't go with you so there's money your spending on a wasted job I have spent alot of money just for customers to chat and then I never hear from them how is that fair to us business people to have to pay just to chit chat and then never hear back from the person ?
0 Kudos
Riosm28
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I totally agree and the prices are way too high, maybe have a price range for quotes.
HaroldC
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Yes I would agree that more consistancy in pricing would be welcome. Sometimes the bill is high sometimes low. A more important issue is if the leads produce clients who will work with you. Sometimes I have gotten quality leads that have produced and other times the people schedule a meeting and then dont show up. I have decided to require a client to call my cell phone to schedule a meeting. My time is too valuable to waste o. people who have no commitment or common courtesy.
TEOCONNELL
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I get a lot of one off inquiries, that go No Where, yet when the alleged customer inquires I get charged! I still say the inquiry comesnfrom you guys to be ablentoncharge my account!!! Thinking seriously of leaving the service!!
Joker187
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Good morning, im new in using thumbtuck. I like at the beginning. Now i notice. Im getting charge for getting customers reviews. I loosing money by getting scam customers. They not real. When o call back. They call you names and hang on me. Prices going crazy lately. I would more than happy if you check the customer before sending to us. Also lower the price little bit. Im not making to much. Competency is out there. Please update your price when to apply and how because we dont mind payig but we need to make some happen so we will be gladly using you. Stay bless
timwing1
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

the probably give you the same blather answer they give about everything!  "we are looking into it, we are thinking about it, we are re-evaluating our policies", but nothing ever changes"!

timwing1
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

yes, me too!  they just do what they want, and have not regards or answers to anything specific!  they are not interested when we tell them that the fee can be upwards of 25% of the quote.  They do not care, in the least, but they are there to help!

Wcm
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
My jobs are mostly quick 2hr 40$ Jobs now there 50$ to 55$ and that’s off putting to my young clients and those older customers on a fixed income. Also I have paid for leads that were very vague and were just looking for advice on how to do it themselves. I didn’t mind when leads were 3.67$ but now I’m apprehensive at 10 to 15$. I defiantly quote much less
Stage66
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
Agree