results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
AVP
Level 6

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

KAMERON...

”... a pricing Q&A wrap up was recently posted HERE.”

“Wrap up”...The implication being that some sort of resolution was offered up for these HUNDREDS of upset TT pros. I simply have not seen that. The video that Vinamrata posted was weak and ineffective. It only confirmed that you are not really listening to us. Stop asking for our opinion and tell us what you are doing. What is the plan? 

I cannot imagine having as many upset PAYING CUSTOMERS as you do right now. 

bonnie_bill
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

Do you think they may be trying to reduce the number of Pros? I can't imagine why they would want to do that but why would they allow so many to remain upset?

Joan
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

And yet - no explanation of how it makes sense for my business to pay 30% (or more) of the total cost of the job for a  LEAD. It should be no more than 10% for a HIRE. If it is a LEAD it should be closer to 2-3%. 

One job wanted 15% for a lead. Another (for the exact same type of job) was 22%. A third job post stated that he was "just curious about what the law says about____" and they want me to pay 60% - again, this is just for a LEAD, not a guaranteed HIRE.

Upwork's model makes much better financial sense - I pay a percentage of what I earn. That makes sense - I work more, they get more.

Joan
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Another thing that I find objectionable - customers have ZERO idea that pros are being charged just to answer basic questions. They expect we get charged when we are actually hired.

Stephen
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi,

Thumbtack's a great resource. Or was.

Our fee went from just over $3.00 to over $8.00

Also, our work is a photo service involving a minimal number of pieces. Usually one.

The new Thumbtack form only offeres prospective clients to choos: 1-50, 50-100, etc.

Our average price per piece for our services is $100.00

Do the math. 8% is too high a price to pay for a bid for which we have inadequate information.

bonnie_bill
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

They increased our cost from 3.33 to a minimum of 19.20. The new pricing is not worth the lead if we get the business. This sounds like a common problem across the board. Hope they can figure it out so we can go back to bidding. 

DJLawFirm
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

Each new lead/prospect should cost no more than $5. It is extremely frustrating that I am constantly responding to potential customers after they message me about an auto-quote, but then they never reply back! It is a waste of my time and money to quote someone who was never really serious about hiring a professional. Either lower the prices we pay for each lead, or charge-back the customers the money we had to spend when they don't engage with us professionals.

Some categories still don't know the cost to bid???

Solved! Jump to solution

They changed it for photography. You click on "learn more" and you see the price to bid. Of course they still have to hide it under a link, instead of in plain sight, for those who haven't caught on yet and would choose not to bid if they knew the cost. Same thing with phone numbers - they're hidden too so you don't notice - not that it matters because I just got a request with a phone number and, of course, the phone number was a bogus number!

Heirloom5
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

The customers are shopping and some are serious and others are not.  If the customer does not hire me, I do not want to pay fpr a qote until customer say I am hired.  If you are giving the customer options to pick one out the  of 3-5 people, why in the world should everybody pay for a lead and then the customer disappears!  I say there is a button that says hired and then if the customer backs out, then I should not be charged because I did not get a job.  Why in the world would I allow Thumbtack to continue to benefit monetarily for all the quotes and then I'm responsible to pay for leads that did not materialize for me to make money.  This has to be a win win situation!  I refuse to put in quotes until, beneficial all around.  

Heirloom5
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Also, get rid of the "free with no obligation to hire"  that needs rewording so the clients don't think they are in some candy store with many flavors to choose from; client has no clue professionals have to pay for each and every lead. Professionals are serious about doing a good job on TT and in turn the client needs to be serious about wanting to hire, being selective and transparency regarding we are paying fees for lead.  I blame TT for not letting the clients know we are paying fees, why would this need to be kept confidential? 

I hired a repairman about a year ago to install my gently used front door, before becoming a pro on TT and I had no clue the poor guy was practically at my mercy to say yes, when I clicked on his profile. This guy bent over backwards to help me during our correspondence and little did I know, he didn't want to lose money before getting hired.  What a horrible position to be in, hand raised please pick me or I will lose $20+ dollars.  I even remember clicking on some other guy's profile six months before that because of a separate house, I needed him to do electric work; I am guilty of canceling; not understanding the electrical guy lost money. Now, I'm in the same boat ~ NOT any more!  I look forward to a solution so everyone can make money and we will have happy clients and TT will soar!