Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Dwga
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree. I expect 50% from my clients to cement a commitment. If the poster is serious enough to pay a small fee I dont think we would get so many flaky responses.

DWGA

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I definitely hink those are fake request from fake customer 

Anyone else having a huge problem with potential clients replying to your follow up message after they initially respond they want to use your service? I’m frustrated as ever!!
fitcap
Level 7

Re: follow up

Solved! Jump to solution

YES

0 Kudos
myntillae
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

Yes! This is my biggest complaint too! I'm fine with paying for clients with genuine interest, but these leads seem bogus and such a waste of money!!

lesmok
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

SocalFitSteve

Yes,, and from the canned responses (we have an accounting service and they inevitably ask "When are you available?) and the fact that we always give our website URL and they don't show up on Google Analytics, we have come to the conclusion that we are dealing with Bots generated by someone for some purpose.

RevDHirsch
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Yes, it seems like a knee jerk response from the customer. Ends up costing us with no response. One time I had a customers question my fee. I responded to clarify but she never followed through. I tried to get a refund from TT but they refused and said the customer might contact me later. She never did. It ends up costing quite a lot of money for those impulsive customers who never follow through.

Solved! Jump to solution
After a few weeks here, I am starting to think the same. One single quote costed me 50% of my weekly budget. The "costumer" never answered any of my leads, and then he cancelled the Job. I was the only "pro" contacted, seriously? For a cleannig house/floor carpeted??? There are no more pros biggest than me interested?? Really?
0 Kudos

Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been using thumbtack since 2015. It was great when you bought credits. I would buy $80 worth and pay 1-3 credits per lead. Then they switched from credits to money and started charging $10-$15 per lead. I haven’t had a customer in over 6 months from thumbtack and am going to stop using them all together. It was great now it’s broken.

AmandaL
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution
I AGREE!!! TOTAL DITTO