Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

This is just one ridiculous charge. What about one that I had that asked if something could be done in half hour. I had to pay for that and it brought me nothing. This is what is NOT FAIR. And this is what THUMBTACK DOES NOT UNDERSTAND. Numerous people have stated this and they are doing nothing about it. 

0 Kudos
DJRoyalTee
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I don’t like the FAKE computer generated leads. This has happened 3x which allows you then to Bill me over $45 when there is no true lead. The so call lead never contacts me or give me a number to contact them! Yet you pull money from
My credit card!! Well, I’m done! After 6 months this is not affordable and I find your business practices to be a bit dishonest. I’m closing my account today. It’s not worth what I spend each month with Thumb Tack. I’m wasting time and money!
Rebekah
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I missed out on this.  I am not happy with it.  I am charged for customers who contacted me for a quote and I quoted them and they only responded that I was too expensive.

Not worth it for customers who do not want to pay base price.  Also, I am finding that people are coming to thumbtack for bargain prices and it is not worth it.

0 Kudos
Rebekah
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I missed out on this.  I am not happy with it.  I am charged for customers who contacted me for a quote and I quoted them and they only responded that I was too expensive.  Not worth it for customers who do not want to pay base price.  Also, I am finding that people are coming to thumbtack for bargain prices and it is not worth it.

avigadre
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

It seems like every Pro is frustrated with new pricing. I wisely reduced quoting to large extent when TT changed the pricing. Only lost $47 for 2 customers when they contacted me - one query was erroneous and customer said sorry but I lost $25. Second customer never came back after first contact. 

I need old pricing system to restart at my original quoting level. 

Chelleigh
Level 1

Solved! Jump to solution

I understand the new pricing, but it personally does not work for me.   I would rather pay per quote as before.  My first time with this new system, I paid $15 to quote a client who ended up dropping off in communication and not hiring me in the long run.  It is too risky for me to pay this much to quote when I might not get the client.  I think it would be more reasonable to charge a percentage of the quote IF the client hires.  $1 per quote is worth the gamble, but $15 is not worth it for what I would be making.  

KathyM
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Yes, let's talk about it.  I used to pay around $3.34 to give a quote to a potential customer for tutoring.  In all honesty, I got most jobs I quoted for, but now this costs around $25.00.  That is a 800% increase in price!  Now if someone just contacts me, and they don't hire me, I get charged anyway.  People shop around.  They have good intentions to get their kids tutored, and then they forget, change their mind, or realize they can't afford it, but I still get charged.

Thumbtack only cares about making money for themselves.  They long ago quit caring about their professionals - their customers - us.  I have told customer service several times how I feel, and it makes no difference.  I no longer use Thumbtack, and I won't again until there is some fair and really transparent restructuring.  I also write resumes, and the one time I quoted for an $89.00 resume, I was charged $24.00 for that resume.  I got the job, but it really wasn't worth my time and effort after I had to pay over 1/4 of my money to Thumbtack.

trainer1963
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution

While I do not mind paying for leads or clients, my main issue is that the prices seem arbitrary and there is no understanding of logic given for how you arrive at the prices. To say that we "Pros" are charged based on how you feel is the value of the requests, does not provide any true metric on how you arrive at determing the value of the request itself. Earlier on in my experience there was a set price to pay for each quote that was sent to  a customer. Now the prices vary per customer even though the customers are asking for the same service(s) in most cases. Just because a client lists that he or she has a group of 2-5 people interested in my services does not mean that eventually we will land that many clients from the particular group. Sometimes, clients check us off as hired and we have never seen or heard from them. Not all the informaiton that the client submits on the request is actually true and we may be charged for what they are saying but, not what they do. I would like to see a standard list of prices which depicts the service levels charged for, before I am charged blindly. I think we need to have more of a say in or if we want to pursue the client before we are charged,  

Solved! Jump to solution
It sounds like a lot of us professionals are shaking our heads on the new prices you want to charge per lead. I wonder since you guys are not professionals in our field how can you honestly know how to price some of the leads. They have no idea what the market is doing much less qualified enough to even try to ask crazy prices in industrys you think you know but don't. Being members of other many companies you guys are now the highest price for the same leads then any other company. I do refused to over pay for most of these new high priced leads. Thus will start to hurt new customers because the pros rather spend less somewhere else. It is sad to now see more leads that no pros contact. Then it was a month ago. Guys what are you doing?. Why lose your pros and customers due to over pricing. Are you going out of business soon?. We can't think of anything else that you are trying to milk the market and not worrying about losing it all with no more monies from pros. Maybe you should also charge the customer and lose them also. But the lack of response to new customers will lose that customer to another lead company. I'm sad , because we used to love you guys now you are worse than the high price guys out there that customers rather not use because no one wants to send them a qoute. We are on the fence on leaving or staying. It this is the choice I leave up to you guys. Low the price it start losing pros let me us..
0 Kudos
tonigerbino
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

What I do not like are the "canned" responses afforded to the potential clients - for me, when I get a "What's the next step" question - which is one of your canned responses it just prolongs the back and forth via Thumbtack - the person, if really interested in speaking with me should have a real question - this back and forth rarely leads anywhere so the $20 or so dollars you are charging me is a waste of my time - with texting and emailing, the human interaction is prolonged - this makes me crazy - stopped offering the customers "canned" questions and let them have to contact us with their needs.......