Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Okay so thanks for  asking but what is going on?

It used to be about $1.67 to provide a quote, then it JUMPED to over $6 and NOW it's over $7.  Most people are fishing for quotes and very few actually hire me.  So your pricing structure leads to me actually answering very few requests for prices on surveys because of your price increases.  Your are reaching my upper limit for value.  I logged off for about 2 months and its time to reconsider what value you provide to me.  Home Advisors is reaching out to a lot of us and trying to take our business to their platform.  Be Aware!

I quote less, here;  you get less business, and fewer satisfied potential buyers of products and services on Thumbtack; and I get more frustrated with an APP that used to be a fine source of work.

I don't think you are listening though, only paying lip service, so paint the pig lips and have a good look in the mirror..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

I think your pricing is fair and not confusing to me.  I prefer your site much better than others who charge way too much just to find out the customer is "kicking tires" only.  Thank you for asking.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Yes let's do. Most of the money you charge me comes from bogus leads. When a customer responds with other questions before deciding to make a reservation those leads are charged as if they made a reservation. Most responses are ....sounds good be in touch soon and they never call back. Or the automated responses like what's your next availability don't apply to our business......yet we are still charged for those inquiries.
Also why once you send a quote does it not show up on our quote page for a week or longer? You have a lot of work ahead to make this a long term viable option for any legitimate business!!! Also how about a detail listing of amounts billed and charged. The way it is now makes it impossible to manage.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Pricing seems fair to me considering all I have to do is respond to the clients! Only thing I could ask for would be more clients in my area...but that's no ones fault!

Thanks For an awesome service!
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
I appreciate the more modest pricing approach to the new prices for services, as it relates to my community. I also appreciated the forum that was initiated to pros for discussion and insight with this issue and other concerns. Kudos to Thumbtack and what an awesome community we have! Strength in numbers and engagement in listening to make us better!!😊😊
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I’ve been meaning to call you and ask why the prices are so high now. If $15 is a weekly budget, it may work for people who are constantly responding to requests. However, I only get requests that work for me 2-3 times per month, so for each one I have to pay $15, which is so much more. Maybe you should have 2 payment plan options? I am hoping this is temporary. For example, a couple of weeks ago someone responded to me, I got charged $15, just so she can tell me that my available times don’t work for her. As I am on a tight budget, I have been hesitant to even respond to requests lately
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
Thumbtack knocked it out of the park at first. The pricing is horrible now. It used to be $1 to $5 a lead. About half or more of my leads would get back to me. Apparently other people couldn't write a good enough message to achieve a response on a lead, so they changed it so you pay only if they get back to you (and at the same time upped the price per lead 5x). What this does is makes it more expensive for everyone, and at the same time give incentive for top pros to abandon thumbtack. The only ones left are low quality businesses who continue to complain about the thumbtack service.

Thumbtack may always struggle to keep top professionals. The more work they get, the more leads they'll get outside of thumbtack; word of mouth. The solution to keep top professionals is not raising prices! Everyone is walking away from thumbtack with this garbage pricing scheme. I can't imagine for a second that it's justified. At low prices they used to make 5 connections at 5 dollars a pop, that's $25. Now they make 0 connections at $20 a pop, that's $0. Great job thumbtack, that's your business going down the toilet!

I was continuing to use thumbtack as a thank you for providing a great service. It's just not worth it now. They are trying to rope in, and cater to crappy businesses that cannot get responses. Hey thumbtack, is that really who you want filling leads! You're competition is laughing at you now.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I used thumbtack a lot for a while. Then when you guys changed things I noticed I'm paying like 75.00 for a lead on a repaint, and theres like 8 people who have been contacted. I can generate leads for less money on my own and they're exclusive. It's just not a good investment anymore. If you guys change things around and create value again, I'll start using the service again. Until then, I'll have to invest my money where I can have a better return on investment.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Since since changing the pricing from paying to send a quote of my choice, (about $3.50), to paying when someone responds, ($19.00), huge price increase, and countless times a ripoff.  Paying $19.00 for someone saying, “thanks for your quote, you’re too far away” is unconscionable.  There are many who claim they have received fake comments from thumbtack, and then being charged.  I’m not going to subscribe to this club.  

What would be nice is to be given the option to pay to send, or pay when someone responds.  I am a top pro, and easily the top drum teacher on thumbtack in the entire Bay Area.  (Based on ratings).  I would super appreciate being given the opportunity to go back to the old pricing of paying to send a quote.  The cost of quoting now has really hurt my business!  

Sincerely, Neil Bettencourt, drum instructor, Cupertino, ca.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I can't afford to use thumbtack anymore. The quality of customer is not worth the price

thumbtack is great idea, but not affordable

i'll be moving on

0 Likes