Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Shuddrbug1
Level 6

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

Solved! Jump to solution

I also agree with Len,

I'm seeing duplicate leads a lot more frequently now. Also, another thing that I've noticed that I, personally, feel that makes Thumbtack look shady and more of a scam is when I see leads that are from the same name, different last initial for the same type of job posted right after each other. 

0 Kudos
Doug
Level 4
The new pricing system is not working it's more like a home advisory pricing scheme. On a minimum job an average of a $65 minimum Thumbtack wants to take $18 of that not much room for profit the end result is the bigger jobs get quotes smaller jobs fall to the Wayside not helpful to customers trying to find a pro.
Jimdellamano
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I price a powerwashing job you charged like its a paint job. You get 200 for powerwashing and it would be 2000 for painting
0 Kudos
tredlevske
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Im pretty much on the same page with everyone else here. i use to buy 20 bucks worth of credits and bid on 5 or 6 jobs which listed the cost upfront. Now im throwing a bid for a $200 job and when a customer that just wants me to tell them how to do it themselves sends me a message, you hit my account for $52. I wont be here much longer if something doesnt change. How can you guys set prices according to what you think the job will cost? None of you are contractors nor do you know the market in my area. 

Solved! Jump to solution

Please go back to $3.33 per quote and refund if customer does not reply within two days. I am spending $10 per quote on henna quotes and it's not even guaranteed that I will get business since there are other people who quote along with me so I'm competing with others to get business. I have to respond to select quotes that have potential to be profitable after paying the $10. I do not even repond to individual customer requests anymore because this site takes away so much money that we have to pick and choose how to do business without throwing away money on an unnecessary. I do not charge my customers the fee that thumbtack charges for contacting them but if prices keep going up on quotes then I will have to start doing that. Customers are already on a budget and that's why they use this website so I don't like to increase their price either. I have been hired about 15 times through this site and I know there is a good customer base but it's just not right to charge me $8-10 per quote after a customer contacts me regarding my services. 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I like set pricing up front. I'm still using thumbtack but every lead is more expensive than the old pricing. I do like not getting billed if the customer does not contact me. Also I don't like how you changed the tracking. It was nice to see how many people bid a job and when each was viewed and how many other than myself were contacted. The new tracking is too data poor.
0 Kudos
HERETOHELP
Level 2

Solved! Jump to solution
I think it’s fair for pros to ONLY be charged when a lead actually turns into a paying customer, so it’s a win-win for both Thumbtack and the pro. This would be a true partnership and a working together to get clients and business. And I completely agree that there should be NO hidden costs. It’s only fair to know what the cost would be for a lead to turn into a paying customer.
jpmcdunn
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

<<I  think it’s fair for pros to ONLY be charged when a lead actually turns into a paying customer, so it’s a win-win for both Thumbtack and the pro. This would be a true partnership and a working together to get clients and business. And I completely agree that there should be NO hidden costs. It’s only fair to know what the cost would be for a lead to turn into a paying customer.>>

I agree!

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution
I was comfortable with the old method of having the cost upfront, since the change I stopped using tt. I would consider using it again if the charging method changed, also if it was cheaper I would use it as a main source of marketing but at this point it makes more sense to invest my money into my website
0 Kudos
gretaga
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I think for me is one month I had 2 leads and got charge $12.30, another mont 2 leads @ 13.04 , another month, 2 leads @ 26.08. Can someone explain why the same # of leads is all these different prices?  It is starting to get vey confusing and makes me not want to quote as many as I use to. Think we should go back to the old way of buying credits, then we know at all times what we are paying. Most of us are small businesses and can't afford the newer fees

0 Kudos