results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me

Livid about refunds, as always!

Paid for a wedding lead. Nice chat. Got hired. Sent contract and invoice. Don't hear back. Don't hear back. Don't hear back. Today she says they're cancelling the wedding. They went into it too fast. Call TT and ask for refund. NO!!!!! "They could hire you at a later time". I BID ON A WEDDING AND THERE IS NO WEDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This must be immediately refunded!!!! THERE IS NO JOB TO BE HAD!!!!

14 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Livid about refunds, as always!

Hi @DefiningImagery one thing to remember is that you’re paying to connect with these customers. Think of it this way, with pay per contact, you can fish for as long as you want for free - you only pay when you get a bite. Your bait is your profile and offer - make sure it’s good. It’s on you to reel them in. So although the job got cancelled, you got them your info and you made that connection.

0 Kudos

Re: Livid about refunds, as always!

Not when its a DEAD fish I caught!!!! The request is now unqualified as it contains false information! It stated that there will be a weddin on Oct 7th at 4pm. There is no wedding happening at 4pm on Oct 7th. Therefore a refund is due since the client, in the end, has misrepresented the job. There is no job to be had!

I fully understand the concept that I'm paying for contact - contact with a person who is looking to hire a photographer. This person is NOT looking to hire a photographer. The event is cancelled. I can't negotiate terms. There is nothing whatsoever I can do to salvage this job and get hired. There will be no wedding 10/7 therefore, I bid on something that doesn't exist and that makes the content of the request false information. THERE IS NOTHING TO REEL IN!!!!  I did my job.... I bid with a perfect proposal, I presented a wonderful profile and beautiful sample images, I followed up and I landed the job. I did everything right, but there IS NO JOB and no way for me or any other person to put this job back on the calendar! A refund is immediately due!

More reasons for no refunds

I'm livid!! Someone puts in a request, contacts me, then puts in a second request for the same event 3 minutes later. I'm charged and then they contacted several others on the second request. Normally I report this and TT refunds because they're not allowed to put in a duplicate request for 2 or 3 days. The system seems to automatically boot duplicate requests. The customer changed the specific category for the 2nd request, getting around this loophole, but it's obviously its the same thing because its the same date, time, and location and a related category. So now I bid against 28 people instead of 14, and they obviously passed on me or they wouldn't have put in the second request!

I'm told that they can put in any amount of requests they want! So now TT makes the twent bucks off of me, and another $60 from the other 3 she contacted! The other 3 never should have been charged because this request never should have been allowed, and I would normally be refunded on this, but now NO!

She made a mistake when she viewed my quote and was obviously too embarassed to own up to it, so she just went and put in a new request! I'm absolutely livid. This is my first attempt at responding with this ridiculous "no budget" system and there I am, charged for this insanity. Not to mention that I lost a whole day of bidding because I've got to redo all my templates because they no longer work with the "no budget" system. Grrrrr!

Re: More reasons for no refunds

@DefiningImagery. I spent hours last week updating all of my templates, just to have them all be null and void now. Whoever made this change has absolutely no concept of how obtaining customers works on our end or simply doesn't care. As you stated, they make more money now, so it's all good for them...

Moderator Meckell

Re: More reasons for no refunds

@DefiningImagery can you send me a private message with the name of the customer? I'll definitely look into this for you! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: More reasons for no refunds - Here we go again! Another one!!!

Untitled-1.jpg

Right here!! Another one!!!! This guy puts in a request, contacts a pro, and minutes later, puts in another request!!!!!!!!
This is a screenshot of my inbox. So, whatever pro he contacted was just charged $38.04 and got exactly the same raw deal that I got last night! Why are clients allowed to put in however many requests they want for the same project? So now there's an opportunity for THIRTY pros to be contacted at $38.04 each! That would be $1141.20. Sure makes financial sense for TT because in the old system it would have been $8.00 to bid on this and  3 or 4 pros would have bid, and TT would only have made $24-$32. So there's an opportunity for SIXTY THREE TIMES the profit! Do you really think anything we say is going to counter that kind of profit margin? Not a chance. So, learn to live with it and find a way to work with the system. I'm carefully studying what's being bid in my categories and trying to calculate pricing that's just a bit above the rest.

PattyB6
Level 6

@DefiningImagery, not only are customers allowed to put in duplicate requests,  to me it appears that Thumbtack encourages them to do so. I have had several customers tell me that even after contacting me, TT emailed them about submitting another request. All of them used the same words when explaining why the did this...they were 'exploring all their options". Interesting that they all said the same thing, isn't it? I even had 2 brides hire me and then I saw that they had submitted new requests (both said it was at TT's suggestion) before I had the chance to get a contract or deposit from them. One of them actually contacted 4 other pros who had responded to her second request. She told me she just wanted to be sure that there weren't cheaper officiants offering everything I do. She stayed with me after finding out that I offer far more than less expensive pros but after that, I was less enthusiastic about working with her. Like you, I have also opened my requests to see 2 requests put in by the same customer on the same day. Also, I've actually several times seen identical requests from both bride and groom...right down to the same photos of their venue. When I look at the insights I see that 2-3 pros, including myself, Instant matched to the quotes, but also many different ones as well. I can only assume that these couples are looking for the very cheapest pro. When I used TT as a customer myself to find a housecleaning service, TT not only told me to contact several pros, they sent me emails asking if I had hired one. They then suggested I put in another request. I can't say for sure that this is standard policy for TT but it has been my experience both as a pro and a customer.

OMG! I don't even know what to say! I'm just sitting here with my jaw dropped open!!!

I've seen the duplicate requests from bride & groom as well. This is just another reason why I was not foolish enough to ever use instant match. If TT can't get my request parameters correct, and sends me things I would never bid on, and am not supposed to be getting (moderators do NOT go into my settings - they are set as I want them, do not touch or even look please because they get changed and I don't want them changed!!) then how could they get it correct for instant match. I pass on 75% of all requests because they do not meet my standards, or I can see that they are duplicates, etc. There are names that come up and I recognize. If they didn't hire me for their 5 other projects, I certainly am not going to keep paying to speak with them again! So, instant match is a fools game! I'm not handing over my credit card to someone who will spend on every request that comes through the door, when 75% are trash that I don't respond to.

That's outrageous though that TT is telling people to keep getting bids even when you've made a verbal agreement with them. OUTRAGEOUS!

PattyB6
Level 6

@DefiningImagery, when I looked at my requests this morning, there were only 2, both from the same groom and both submitted within minutes of each other. He has already contacted 3 pros on the first request and 2 others on the second. I passed on his requests.

BTW, I googled wedding photographers and when Thumbtack came up, their banner said "Cheap Wedding Photographers"...no longer just "Affordable", now just "Cheap". At least officiants still come up under "Affordable Wedding Officiants"!

0 Kudos