Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence

Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence

One thing that bugs me about Thumbtack is the lack of replies from leads.

Thumbtack's own Director of Marketing, Allyson Letteri, messaged me directly and didn't even bother to respond to my messages.   Where is the professional courtesy?  As a consumer, this only proves every Pro's point that Thumbtack's profit agenda is the priority.  I felt slighted.  I expected this from a person who doesn't know the in's and out's of the back end, but not someone who works for the company! 

Pro's should not be charged for promoted leads who do not respond even in the slightest.  

Thumbtack is a LEAD-generated business and we should be paying for QUALITY leads.  For comparison, Thumbtack is NOT a listing.  We aren't paying to be listed in a directory.

States
3 responses

Re: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence

@Themakeupconnec I can 100% say that there's no ill will or attempt to slight our pros. When a customer connects with you there’s no obligation to continue responding and they can even communicate with more than one pro at a time. Many times a customer may not respond but it's the ones that keep in touch and hire you that make those worth it in the end.

0 Kudos
Your-Home
Level 4

Re: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence

The thing is, it's NOT worth it any longer.  It's too much money to pay for a lead.  Every $8-$10 I spend adds up to only the ones who respond.  I cannot afford $40-$50 a lead in my industry.  I WILL NOT be using your platform any longer until something changes, and I hope enough pro's follow suit to force your hand because you haven't addressed the problem yet. Until now I liked the platform.

DJStevie
Level 12

@Kameron 

I agree with @Your-Home , the pricing system has to change. In my business, I rely on weddings and larger events to make my money. I do accept smaller events, such as parties, as fill-ins for my calendar, but if those party leads cost me $20-$40, and I add in travel time, purchasing a custom light to display their name, what profit have I made for that event?