Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
GuestChefM
Level 5

New Model?

I know I'm not alone in feeling that the current fee model is a blatant money grab.

I have a 100%, 36 5-star reviews and had 3 successful years using the old model. Small fees, refunded if not viewed that when averaged over time, made good sense as a an advertising buy. The 7x - 10x fee increase with unlimited quotes is far too expensive for a small business to gamble on.

The truth is that I would have no problem paying higher fees for a job I get through Thumbtack. Why not set a standard percentage fee that is paid for by the pro who gets hired?  That model reflects the usual marketing agency concept and would greatly reduce the amount of disgruntled pros like myself whose complaints about pricing seem to be falling on deaf ears...

Occupations (1)
States
3 responses
bonnie_bill
Level 8

Re: New Model?

@GuestChefM 

We share your sentiment. Due to the increased (now unrealist) pricing of the TT lead generation model we have reverted back to what has worked for 20+ years. We put our advertising dollars into our own website and use an outbound marketing effort to drive our prospects to our company owned website. We are fortunate not to have to market much as we have a large clientelle due to our specialty and being in business for a long time and always with a client moneyback guarantee. If our client is not satisfied for any reason we make it right. No exceptions. We have never had to use it as we put our clients needs first, always, and we are selective before we take an assignment to insure success. We have not had to market our sevices in many years but when we do we simply go out and talk with many people as possible. We leave business cards and have a single fold brochure as a leave behind. But we make a concentrated effort to talk to as many people as possible about our services. It has always worked when we need to generate new business. The online services have always been intriguing and worked very well until greed took over. Now the market controlling participants all seem to use similar models with extremely high costs for what is being offered to participate. Once they lose their value they become unnecessary overhead. Back to business basics for us. If and when the online model puts value back into their offerings we will reembrace them. Until then we just do not need them. I hope TT will revisit what they are offering and get realistic again.   

GuestChefM
Level 5

Agree completely. Thanks for the response!

WoodsFencing
Level 1

We also share your sentiments.  We joined TT over 3 years ago now because Home Advisor had these same exact problems TT is now having with this new model - the "ghost leads".  TT's old model was working wonderfully for us.  If this new model continues, we will be closing the account completely.  In fact, we haven't used TT in weeks because of these issues.