results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Highlighted
CCoen
Level 6

Re: New pricing structure

I just read a statement from one of the moderators. It showed me a link to hear Marcos new theories. It told me that I didn't have the privilege to even hear Marcos new mantra or whatever. Who do I have to pay for that lead also?!
0 Kudos
NR
Level 4

It’s a total waste of money! I used to paid 6.00 for a one time cleaning and now they are charging 19.00 for the same one.I would like to know the price of quoting and decide if I take it or not.I’m seriously thinking left this site! Smiley Sad
PC
Level 5

If I understand right you put so much per week up, and if you don't use it up on quotes Thumtack keeps it. If thats true I'm through with them.

Moderator Meckell

Hi @PC just to clarify, that's not how it works. Your budget is there for you to be in control of your spending, but we don't actually charge your card until you get a response from a customer. You can send quotes until you hit your budget for the week, but if you don't hit your budget, it just starts over the following week. This video does a great job at explaining how it works, check it out. 

PC
Level 5

It starts over how?

0 Kudos
PC
Level 5

You have to have a budget for each type of work you want to quote. Might be good for TT, but more work for PC

PC
Level 5

Your video still does not explain what happens to money you budget ea week for a type work, if you don't meet your budget amount, maby its just me, does anyone else understand this new pricing structure.

Moderator Meckell

@PC It's there to cap the possible amount that you're willing to spend in the week. Even after your budget is set, we don't actually charge you until a customer responds. For example; let's say your budget is $60 a week for Window Repair. If that week, the responses you get in that category add of to $40, we'll only charge you that $40. The next week, your budget will reset to that $60. I hope this helps, but if not, let me know. 

0 Kudos
Catering
Level 6

Dear Meckell:

May I ask  two questions of you please?   

Thumbtack tells us to try and get  as many good reviews as possible, correct?   Yet Thumbtacks google reviews and the reviews for Thumbtack even on your own website are terrible.. Thumbtack has a terrible reputation.  Tell me, what do you have to say about that?   Also, what do your bosses have to say about that.   Thumbtack's online reviews have to be an embarassment to you. Correct?

#2. It is very obvious since sine you raised your prices last summer by over 500% ( unheard iof in any other industry), the vast majority of your pros are furious, some going so far as to question Thumbtack's business model and integrity.   What do you and your bosses say about that?    How do you jusify raising your prices by 500% with absolutely no advance warning to your pros?

Moderator Kameron

@Catering we know that there are pros experiencing some frustrations with the changes we've been making. We created this community for pros to build connections and learn from each other. It's also a great way for us at Thumbtack to hear and learn from our pros directly. We've put a very heavy focus on hearing from pros in the Community, which has further helped us to work towards improving the pro experience. 

The prices have increased but we also completely changed when and what you were charged for. It used to be that pros actually paid to send a quote and in many cases not receive a response. Since we changed it to paying when a customer replies it's of more value and likelihood to hire than before, thus the increase in price. When we switched to paying for contacts we did our best to notify all pros of the changes with emails and pop-ups in the app. We know it's not perfect and we heard a lot of feedback in our last pricing Q&A which will be very helpful as our teams work to continually improve our pricing system.

0 Kudos