Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?

Re: New pricing structure

Unfortunately for us the Pros, we are not breaking even. You have a system that clearly only benefits you. I assume this is why you allow customers to freely click away at Pros knowing that they will probably reply to one of the 5 they clicked on if any at all. Perhaps they should be made aware of the fact that when They request an estimate, we will be charged a fee for simply replying or accepting offers. I like some of the features you offer but in all honesty, I paid way too much money, and have yet to break even. I lost about $350 last month and only got hired once it was for $200 gig.
BethMacK
Level 4

I don't understand the charge if the client contacts me to find out if I'm available and I decline. Is this part of promote?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@BethMacK if you're promoting and the customer's details match your preferences, you will be charged right as they reach out to you. Is there a charge in particular that you have a question about? If so, I just need the first name of the customer and I'm happy to give you more clarification. 

0 Kudos
BethMacK
Level 4

Thanks. I think I figured it out after I sent you a message. I’m just restricting my area more, and that seems to be working out. With a circular area, we don’t have great control over areas we may not want to bid to for safety reasons. Also, we are sometimes open for parts of dates but not all of dates, and the present system doesn’t allow professionals to block out partial dates they’ve already been hired for.
0 Kudos
fbreck1
Level 2

Pricing

Just echoing some of the same sentiments on here hoping something will get through. I think this has the potential to be a really great app but something has to be done with the way leads are charged. I was just charged $30 for responding to someone's availability requests only to have them never follow back up. This has discouraged me from following up on other leads of interests as I cannot afford to just keep throwing money away. Please consider changing your pricing structure to to bill once we've been hired. 

Rocky8701
Level 5

All I want know, and I’ve asked over 10 times, what has March prices gone up 2 1/2 times.... I really would like to get a straight answer!!!
Moderator Meckell

@Rocky8701 You'll notice that prices will indeed fluctuate. Our goal is to make the price of leads match the value you get from new customers. Sometimes we find prices are too high, other times they're too low. We want the price you pay to match the value you get, and we’re working hard to make that happen. We’re constantly listening to your feedback and evaluating prices to make sure they're fair. If you have any specific suggestions for the prices in your category, please send them my way! 

0 Kudos
Rocky8701
Level 5

Prices, since March 1 have gone up 2 1/2, this month I’ll pay over $400, February I spent $180, in January was even less. Why can’t TT tell us what is really happening and we see prices continue to increase?
0 Kudos
Marylyn
Level 6

Rocky, if someone actually honestly answers that, we'll probably all keel over from the shock! 

0 Kudos
Silvee
Level 4

New pricing structure

Its getting real expensive for deadbeat leads.  Feels like another ride with Service Magic.  If anyone over there in charge of things cares about us, figure out a better system!  Im relatively new here, but close to dropping out...