Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Kameron

Re: Model of when you get charged

@mariaandskip I see that you currently are promoting for Finish Carpentry but not the other categories that you offer. Due to this, the leads you get for those other categories may not always be in line with what you offer or nearby, but you'll always be able to choose to accept or decline the lead. Same goes for those jobs that you'll see in your Jobs tab that you can pick and choose from, which will soon have the option to sort by distance. 

0 Kudos
HHH
Level 4

I agree that thumbtack grossly over-values their leads or at least a majority of them. I would be fine with a 10%, and possibly up to 20% on larger projects or "preferred" leads. A few years ago the fees were more reasonable. 39.00 fee for a job i might bid for 100? That would mean i have to recoup that expense through my customer which invalidates my whole mission statementand commitment to providing affordable, quality service.
0 Kudos
Mykisha2004
Level 4

I completely feel your pain! Just today, I had a customer respond, thereby getting charged for the lead. Okay, I accept that. We start a dialogue, he even emails me the work he wants done. But then, I assume, maybe another pro he was talking to must have gotten back to him because about 15 minutes later, he responded to me by saying "I started with someone else, thank you." So basically, I just wasted $10 for one email that went nowhere.

But my biggest gripe is, a large portion of my Services is resume writing and design. Technically, that's classified as a writing service, but Thumbtack allows customers to erroneously classify their projects, which sends it to the wrong pros. They have been classifying resume writing and design as graphic design. That means the difference between a $7 lead versus a $20 lead for me!
mariaandskip
Level 5

paying for leads

How do I get thumbtack to stop charging me for leads that I did not chose? Charging me for a lead that I do not want even with 20% off is not a deal. I do not like the new direction that thumbtack has taken.

Moderator Meckell

Re: paying for leads

@mariaandskip since you have your Finish Carpentry service promoted, you told us which jobs you'll always want. That's why you get charged once a customer contacts you. Can you share with me an example of a job that you got charged for that you didn't want? Was it outside of your preferences? 

0 Kudos
mariaandskip
Level 5

Re: paying for leads

Just stop charging me for leads I don't want. I do NOT want every lead that you send me even if it is in my  work preference. I don't want to spend 1 1/2 hrs driving to Miami. I do not want to contact someone who is far away. I do not want to spend $75 for a lead that wants a bargain basement price, I don't do bargain basement quality work. In my profile, I requested jobs within a 50 mile radius. I'm getting job notifications that are 4 and 5 hrs away, Cape Coral, Ft. Myers, Lehigh Acres.

I used to recommend you to a lot of people, now I do it with warnings

0 Kudos

Hiw many are getting bad charges from THUMBTACK?

Had two jobs recently that the customer never responded. Even after multiple attempts on my end. Asked for a refund and was denied even though THUMBTACK plainly states on the job details that "you won't be charged if the customer doesn't reply ". Got charged anyway.
MR
Level 10

Re: Hiw many are getting bad charges from THUMBTACK?

Sometimes TT will credit for ghost leads and sometimes not. They say its a courtesy credit when they do. I personally don't like that. Make a policy we can understand and stick with it. The more unpredictable you make the system the more chance for uncertainty and unhappy customers. Personally I would like to have more certainty in how the system works whether I like the rule or not. Just my opinion. I understand others May differ
DJStevie
Level 12

@MR 

So true about TT making a policy and sticking to it. Not pick/choose which leads to credit. Speaking of credit, I don't understand why we receive TT credits, instead of refunding our credit cards?  We aren't using the credit system anymore, so refund us via the credit/debit card that we have on file. Majority of the Pros will appreciate that instead of granting "x" amount of $$ in credits.

MR
Level 10

djstevie. I believe a cc credit incurrs a fee which goes to the bottom line of TT balance sheet. Some companies are willing to eat that fee, others are not. Many times that decision says a lot about the overall mindset of the company