Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Meckell

Re: Hiw many are getting bad charges from THUMBTACK?

@Installations can you share with me the first names of the customers in which you never got a response from? Keep in mind that if your services were promoted and the customer reached out to you directly, that's when you're charged. If you quote on a job through the Jobs tab, you aren't charged until the customer responds. Check out this video here with more info on when you're charged. 

0 Kudos
lisasshields
Level 6

Hello Meckell,

I am very disappointed with Thumbtack's changes.....first with "instant match" and now with "promote." I loved Thumbtack and was extremely happy with their service and customer service but no more and I can foresee the company's future decline. What Thumbtack was doing before "instant match" was fine and you should revert. Reverting is the only way Thumbtack will continue to thrive. You might be making a lot of money now but soon both Pro's and customers are going to move on because: 

1. The list for customers to view is too long and overwhelming. Customers will go for cheaper bids and those customers may be disappointed with what they get.

2. The list of complaints for Pro's are endless and you will soon start to see them mount. Instant match is not accurate. I want to be able to choose who I can bid on without facing the consequences of an ultimatum of not appearing on the "promote" list. Customers who hire me will more often than not, hire me and then not response when I reach out to them. Why is this? At least before I could screen the jobs and not pay for people who didnt fit my requirements or who seemed flakey. I don't want to limit my chances by not "promoting" myself but the quotes I am paying for the percentage of people who don't respond (a big percentage) I'm just throwing my money away. 

Thumbtack shouldn't give customer's the option to press a button with a computer generated response, that's making it too easy for them to not have to do any work to engage with the Pro's. They have nothing to lose. We do. 

With regard to this specific discussion. I too would like to be reimbursed for the following people who hired me but never "directly" reached out.

Gabi b

Malene S

sonja w

Casandra R

deborah l

Lydie L

Leanne O

Paula V $21.20

Dee ng $21

Camila C

Lar
Level 9

Re: How many are getting bad charges from THUMBTACK?

Spot on @lisasshields, great post.

Regards,
Laurence.

Hankster
Level 10

Re: How many are getting bad charges from THUMBTACK?

A standing ovation from me @lisasshields! Outstanding post! Can you hear & feel the frustration Thumbtack? CAN YOU?!!!!!!!

Moderator Meckell

Hi @lisasshields and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed with Thumbtack and some of the recent changes. Since we've moved to search results, we are seeing an overall healthier marketplace for both customers and professionals. We wouldn't be keeping it around if it wasn't working, that wouldn't make sense for us as a business. With that, we don't have any plans to go back to the way things used to be for the fact that it wasn't sustainable. There has been a significant increase in customer and pro interactions since we've updated the Thumbtack experience, which is what we want. We want customers to come to Thumbtack to get their project done and we want pros to grow their business.

With all of that being said, we understand that there are a lot of frustrations and concerns. One of the main concerns we hear from pros is the quality of the leads their receiving, and that's something we are indeed working on. Improvements aren't going to be made overnight, but I can assure you that we are working on things. 

I'll look into those charges and see if they fall within our refund policy. If they do, I'll get you taken care of! Keep an eye out for a private message from me by the end of the day. 

0 Kudos
MLCC
Level 6

I think we are supposed to be refunded if a customer cancels the project within a certain time, yes?

Recently, I was Promoted to a Customer, and of course automatically charged. When I went in to that lead listing, it was gone...I think Expired or something.

My charge is still there.

How do I get a refund on that?

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@MLCC you can either go through our new refund process through your Payments page and "Help with a charge"  to see if it qualifies for a refund, OR feel free to send me a direct message including the customer's name and I'd be happy to take a look.

0 Kudos

Irrelevant. On my screen it still says that if they don't respond or the first response is "no thanks" that's a refund. Where's my refund?????

0 Kudos
MLCC
Level 6

Yes, I've had to scour my records to make sure I don't get charged for quotes I'm not supposed to. It's time consuming! I find mistakes and have to get on the phone with Thumbtack to correct it.

And yes, it's not a refund, it's a Thumbtack credit. That's not good! If money is taken from us in error, how is it ok to then just give us credit and not actual money back. No stores do that. 

LisaM
Level 4

Requested quote feed

Someone conacted me for a quote, yet I still have to pay nearly $4 to send a reply. If a customer requests a quote from us, there should not be a charge!!