results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

Re: New system

Hi @ajacksphotos,

Thank you so much for this well thought out post. I work for Thumbtack, but I am also a Thumbtack Top Pro. I was a pro for many years before joining the team here. I have been through a lot of changes along the road. I completely understand your concerns. 

I, too, had a really hard time letting go of the personal message in my quotes. I felt like that really set me apart from other pros. Couple thoughts on that: 1) Your profile is really what will make you stand out - if you have an impressive profile (which by the way, you really do), you will stand out against your competition, and 2) You can still send a personal message if you would like. Once you see that a quote has gone out on your behalf in Instant Match, or once you send a quote out - you can immediately follow up with a personal message - there will still only be a charge if the customer reaches out to you. This way, you are getting the best of both worlds - your info is going out quicker, you can still send a personal message, and your not paying to send it out - only if they contact you.

I know it can seem like an extra step, but I look at it through the eyes of the customer. There were many customers who were coming to Thumbtack and waiting 24-48 hours to get 1-2 quotes. That just isn't the most optimal experience for a customer, and doesn't keep them coming back to Thumbtack. If we can get profiles and reviews and quotes in front of them instantly, they are far more likely to hire (we've studied it). They are also far more likely to return to Thumbtack. And while there are more quotes going out in some cases, this also means that your profile is being put in front of more people.

It's also good to remember that now you are only paying when a customer contacts you - not to send out each quote. I am happy to help you with any concerns you might have. Feel free to send me a direct message and I can go over anything you would like in your account with you. I want you to succeed. I know that changes can be frustrating, I've been there. 

Best of luck, and please reach out if you need anything.

Dusti

ajacksphotos
Level 5

Thanks for responding. Please see my update in my original post. The numbers do not lie. I will not be using thumbtack anymore unless things change. Just doesn't make sense for my business model to spend $168 in ONE MONTH on leads and not get a single booking. That's an easy way to put myself out of business! My money would be much better spent on google adwords, and paid boosts on facebook. 

Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

@ajacksphotos I really appreciate your posts and willingness to discuss. My invitation is always open for you to message me at any time and I am happy to help you. 

I completely understand the struggles of running a business, so I get it. Thank you so much for being an amazing pro and for offering constructive feedback.

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Dusti

0 Kudos
zona5101
Level 5

@DustiO @ajacksphotos

This is an interesting reply. The "please let me know if there is anything I can do for you" response is condesending or seriously misplaced. Ajacksphotos (and others) have specificly pointed out what can be done, what needs to be fixed, and their collective frustrations.

The marketplace for web services is unforgiving. If you're not on your A game you disapear without much fanfare as someone sees the opportunity, steps in and develops a better mouse trap while you're still sitting there trying to figure out how to cover your infrastructure costs and saleries.  

I would not be surprised if the current situation (increasing reveues without addresing issues) isn't a typical market move to prop up company value in anticipation of (or in hopes of) an acqusition. The boss man rolls out with tons of cash and wishes everyone au revoir.

Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

@zona5101 @ajacksphotos

I do apologize if that is how it came across. I do sincerely want to help. As you must know, changes don't happen overnight. We understand that the system isn't working perfectly and we are working on it. Feedback is being heard, and as this changes and evolves, we want to get it right.

In the meantime, I am happy to help look at accounts and help in any way that I can. I mean that. Please, feel free to direct message me so that we can discuss your accounts specifically. I am on your team. 

Thank you!

Dusti

GrampysMagic
Level 7

I wish they would just go back to the pay per quote system.  TT used to be GREAT...now they are going downhill so fast that GigMaster and GigSalad are looking better and better with thier crazy pricing!

Dan
Level 6

Hi Zona,

I agree with you. Thumbtack doesn’t seem to be in it for a long run. By pushing these shenanigans with lead pricing, they may be trying to increase revenue and value in order to sell. They could grow steadily by developing a system that will qualify leads and make them valuable rather than worthless and frustrating and they could protect pros by banning “pros” from quoting rates that are below customers budgets. They could build a reputation of a website with quality rather than cheap pros. In addition, by changing pricing schemes (and I use the word schemes here in a derogatory manner) frequently, they look like they don’t know what they’re doing.
Highlighted
Qwksilver
Level 6

You may be on to something!

0 Kudos
Jac
Level 4

This system sucks I was changed $65 for someone to ask what’s my experience that I had in my profile
Xian
Level 5

Haha, same thing happened to me. Then when I saw how much I was charged I didn't want to send quotes out anymore.