Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Moderator Meckell

Re: One example of the new "improved" system

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @traynorpiano although you send quotes for free, you pay once a customer responds to you. We require there to be a card on file so that when and if you receive a response, it will be charged. Of course, if you have a remaining balance, we'll use that first before charging the card on file. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

0 Kudos
missannienow
Level 9

Solved! Jump to solution

LOL! "We are working on this" made me laugh. Out loud!

Most of us are frustrated. Whoever is IN CHARGE of making policy decisions needs to read these threads and know how Pros feel. The Mods do not have the power we need. Most seem to be decent people who are sort of stuck in a very difficult position. Unless someone proves me wrong on this..this is what I believe. We need to hear from the Big People at the top. Mods: perhaps this is something you COULD do for us....? Suggest to the Higher Powers (no pun intended) that they need to read through these threads??? That might be a real way to help us ouot of this rut.

bonnie_bill
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

@Joan

Totally assinine ! How is anyone expected to run a business with something like this?

Highlighted
Joan
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
I have asked that question frequently - to date, I have not had any from the Company explain it to me.
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Joan since your post there have been a few updates. One of them was showing prices to pros up front when manually quoting under the customer's name on the "learn more" link. You can find the update announcement and thread HERE. Keep in mind that this will not apply to services with Promote on. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution
@Kameron
Why should we as pros be surprised as to what our costs are? Shouldn't we see the cost, review the customer profile before quotes go out? Or better yet, how about not charging us until we've had time to see cost, review profile, see if customer is a good fit for us before we reply. After we reply, then charge us!!! That's the way it should be!! Majority of pros have voiced their opinion, concerns, issues, but to no avail.
This manual sending quotes, how do we know if customer even reads them? Or better yet, are they even sent? I was the first to send quote today manually, and prior to stupid change, I was notified when customer viewed my quote, now it doesnt show, but customer contacted 2 other pros it showed.How? When I was first? Viewing my quote should have happened, right? What's changed that we arent being told?
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@DJStevie as I mentioned pros who are manually quoting will be able to see the prices up front. This doesn't apply to services that are using Promote, however the cost will be at a 20% discount from what the price would have been. As you've mentioned Promote hasn't been the best fit for you so I'd recommend continuing to manually quote, which will allow you to see the cost up front. 

Before we used to notify you when the customer had viewed your quote because that used to be the point at which you were charged. While we won't notify you when a quote is viewed, you can still if it has been when viewing your sent quotes in your inbox. I'll also add that with Search Results being the primary way for customers to find a pro they like and initiate conversation there will be even less focus on quotes being viewed.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@Kameron

Not just myself, but many other pros have voiced their opposition of Promote. Why? Guess I have to rehash it again. @Meckell asked for suggestions to make it better, we gave it to her, I gave her suggestions today as well, on forum and private message, and many reps, including yourself prior to today, but I feel that nothing is going to happen. And how can I fit all of my quotes within my profile for EVERY type of customer/event, etc? I need to be personable, not have a very lengthy profile which customers will bypass when they see it's more than a paragraph long.

If Promote is the way to go, then change it!!! Where Pros aren't charged until after we review generic reply, customer profile AND send a reply to customer. Is that wrong? If you were a Pro paying for the service, you would think that this is a valid solution. Or would you rather be charged for countless generic replies in hopes to land 1 job?

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

Solved! Jump to solution

@Kameron

Just re-read your reply to me. If I recall, the old way, when sending manual quotes/messages, we were still getting charged AFTER customer replied to us, not when they viewed the quotes. But we knew how much the quote would be not be surprised if Promote is on. Again, where is the statistic to show us Pros that customers want to find a pro and initiate the contact? Are they paying for the service or are your real customers, us pros? If customers were paying for the service, I could see catering to them, but we are paying for the service, not them.

0 Kudos
JoeB131
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

So you can find out the prices in advance, if you selectively look at them, but you won't see as many opportunities if you don't use the "Promote" feature, in which case you might be stuck paying for a useless bid that doesn't fit.  

Using my own business as an example. I run a resume business in the Western Suburbs of Chicago.  I generally try to avoid customers in Chicago proper because there is way too much competition in the city and driving into the city can be a bit dicey.  But I can't set a radius that includes the suburbs to the west where I want to do business (I'm one of the few games in town out this way) without getting stuck with the awful Chicago bids that never, ever pan out.