Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Re: One example of the new "improved" system

Solved! Jump to solution
Dear @Meckell, how can you say that "there is not a way to set a price upfront when we don't know how a customer is going to contact you"? Thumbtack has been doing that for years and it seemed to be working. All of us Pros would go out on a limb and make bids, or quotes, like fishing in a pond, and some of the fish would bite. We knew how many fish we would try to catch based on knowing the cost of the bait. Now the cost of the bait sometimes exceeds the value of the fish!

Solved! Jump to solution

Meckell, 

The point is, WHO decides the "quality of the quote"? HOW do you attach a price point to that? I'm sorry but your explaination just makes no sense. It the same verbatem from whomever is the Moderator at the time. And no matter HOW many times you say it, it STILL doesn't make any real sense. 

Now, I have LOVED working with TT.. I've made money, friends, and repeat customers who recommend me to their friends.  I've been a TOP PRO since 2015 and I'm PROUD of that. I have wonderful reviews.. 94 of them. How is it that TT wants to alientate PROS like me to the point we're going elsewhere to look for employment opportunities?

Seriously, it really is a huge disappointment. I think  by the time TT figures it out ( IF they really want to) you will end up getting crappy pros who will do cheap  jobs for  cheap clients. Your reputation is getting dragged down rapidly.Smiley Sad  I used to BRAG about how AWESOME your Customer Support was! I actually ENJOYED calling in, even with an issue, b/c Support was pleasant, happy, helpful, etc.  They made me feel respected and part of the fold. Now... not so much, or not at all...  I hope the cash was worth TT reputation..Smiley Sad

Respectfully, 

Leigh Clifton

Studio656West

studio656west@gmail.com

studio656west.com

727-410-8559

jennar
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I totally agree. Even spoke to them per chat. Could be as much as $45!!! and yes you are right, there is no way to know in advance.

Funny thing, one competitor Care.com is now free like in "FREE-NO COST TO SEND QUOTES  I think they make theri money on advertising.

Jenna

onecall2
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank You

I think we where all looking for some one new

0 Kudos
kookie619
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree 110 percent. This is riduculous. I got charged 35 dollars for a 250 dollar quote AND to top it all of the only response from the 'potential' customer that cost me 35 dollars was "so everything is included?", I then contacted via chat and thumbtack's agent response was "well they replied, that costs 35 dollars"

When I started thumbtack 4 years ago quotes were 3 to 5 dollars now they have been creeping up to a absurb price.

Kschilling
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
I totally agree, thumbtack has gone off the deep end, did they merge with home advisor??? They are acting like they did! When I started with Thumbtack it was awesome I could p personalized my quotes for each customer now, their not only allowing more than 5 bids thru but there charging me a fortune just to have a customer say thanks for a follow-up message. This is BS, please Thumbtack bring us back to good!!!!

Solved! Jump to solution
You can personalize your quotes again! Just get yourself off of Instant Match.
So far I have gotten one lead instead of many but at least the lady is talking to me and she may show up on Friday. I'll let you know if she does
jamiemosberg
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

If you go off Instant Match your personal qoute shows up after IM quotes which is 11-15 down the list. The first 10 Quotes are reserved for Instant Match users. I left IM a week ago and have sent 10-15 qoutes and have not been responded to 1 time. Nobody is looking past the first 10 quotes as that is already overwhelming.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Kschilling
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
You and I both, I have went in other directions, yelp for example. S goggle s in my zip code and a ad in a golf magazine. All kind of pricey but at least I know what I'm getting charged. For example. I was charged 27.00 because a client said thank you to me after I told her th o have a great weekend. Thumbtack , come on now, lets go back to the old system. If it's not broken and it works, DON'T FIX IT!!!!!!!!
GrampysMagic
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

They seem to charge us what ever they want. 

this is from there "pricing faq"....

-------------------------------------------------------

"The price for a contact might vary. We want the price of a contact to reflect the value we have delivered to you, so we consider factors like size of job and perceived customer interest levels when setting the final price. For example, a phone call right away to talk about the job is typically more valuable than a short message asking whether you offer discounts.

Currently for Balloon Twisting, a typical customer contact costs around $12, and a contact will never cost more than $18.
Currently for Magician, a typical customer contact costs around $13, and a contact will never cost more than $43"

-------------------------------------------------------

So how do they justify pricing like this???  I usually charge $200 for a 1 hour magic show. I also offer balloon twisting for an extra $50 an hour.  So for the 2 hours I would charge $250 (1hr magic, 1 hr balloons for 2hrs total).  TT is presenting my client with $300 (1hr magic and 2hr balloons...for a clearly represented 2 hours time).

PLEASE GO BACK TO THE PAY PER QUOTE SYSTEM!!!