Highlighted

Order of Operation for the Thumbtack Process

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I am brand new to the platform. I want to make sure I understand the order of things before submitting my card number and budget.

Post Profile > Potential Client Finds Me > Client Posts Job > I accept/reject Opportunity > CHARGED Lead Fee > Quote > Response of Client

Reading the complaints it seems as if I may have my order wrong. Is the Lead Fee charged only after the client evaluates the quote and either accepts or rejects?

Are you charged if you require more information to complete a quote and they answer that/those questions?

Do you know at time of acceptance of a Lead if they are sending to multiple Pros? 

replies
Highlighted

Re: Order of Operation for the Thumbtack Process

Active Community Member
Best Answer

1). If the lead falls under the paramters you have set for the type/budget of job that you will do, you will be automatically charged for that "contact".  These parameters are changed under the "Services" tab.  Regardless if they end up hiring you or not, and even if they never message you back after you ask them a question about their project, you will be charged the fee for the contact.

2). If the lead fall outside of the paramters you have set, you have the opportunity to accept or decline the lead (and therefore the charge). 

3).  You can see how many Pros the job poster contacted and if those Pros responded in the "Competition Insights" section of the lead page.  You should see a "Job Poster's Name only picked you" notification if that is the case.  Currently, there is no official way of knowing if the job poster contacted you first.  I believe I have seen leads come in where it says "Job Poster's Name only picked you" and then after a delay in response from me, I noticed other Pros were contacted.  Sometimes you will see wording in the job description that references something from your portfolio, or even mentions your company by name, so you know they contacted you first, but this is very rare.  Most job posters make their posting generic.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Order of Operation for the Thumbtack Process

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

Welcome to Thumbtack @outsol and thank you @StoriesUpSTL for answering these questions!

A few things I want to add. If you set your targeting preferences, a customers job matches those preferences and reaches out to you, that's when you're charged. If they don't view your first message within 48 hours, you will be refunded the charge. 

If the job doesn't match your preferences, and you choose to decline, you will not be charged. If you accept, you will be charged. 

Let me know if you have any other questions and be sure to check out these Help Center articles for more information:

How Thumbtack works

Paying for leads

Here's a guide to your targeting preferences

0 Likes