Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
jcp
Level 9

Re: Outrageous cost

Its not just seeing the price . . . .    the triple cost that is outrageous!  The cost should remain the same as it was before because the lead is no different except that you put us up against 14 others with Instant Match.  TT says it triples the cost now because if they do contact you it's more of a valuable lead.  What?  It's no different than before.  To me our odds go down of securing a job because we are up against more pros instantly.  Why couldn't TT just leave the price as it was.  That was the complaint of many.  I never had a problem paying each person I quoted because my success rate was high.   For those who never got responses maybe they needed to learn the system a little better.  Or had more reviews or samples.  Or not respond to requests an hour after it was posted.  The methodology of the previous system worked great for me personally - that is why I was a Top Pro.  But now???   Paying triple?  Sorry - - I will not quote for a photo event and pay $42 for a $200 budget and only have them contact me and then never respond back after the initial contact.  That's why the rate has not been shown to us.  Because we are all shocked at the TRIPLE increase.  You heard the complaints that people didn't like paying for leads so TT took action.  Awesome.  But increasing the rate triple and hiding it - - -  is plain and simple greedy - why hide it otherwise?  Shouldn't anyone in the world not know the cost of something before they purchase it????  How about explain why you didnt leave it the same rate as before?  Explain to us exactly why the triple increase in rate.  Because now if they contact us they are more likely to hire us?    Really?  I had a 99% success rate when they contacted me before so . . . . .     its no different.  Maybe that is why I am so shocked.   I just read a post where a person was charged $17 for a $45 job.  Dont know what his profession is but . . . .   he was outraged by the triple cost.  I just spent $18 on  a customer that contacted me - - and two others on the request.  we had back and forth correspondence and a 30 minute phone conversation and she ended up not hiring me but one of the other pros.  Great she sees more quotes and the freedom to contact all of them . . ..    what if she did and all 5 or 10 of us have to pay $18 ?????   The rate of the quote should never have changed .  Ok maybe a dollar or two.  But triple?  Trust me - your triple price cost has changed this site and the pros use of it.  And putting us up against 14 other pros.  Keeping my fingers crossed so that the rate goes down and I can start quoting events again.    

Jayme
Level 6

I have used Thumbtack since it was 3-4 dollars to quote.
$65 leads are not sustainable. I don’t want to send anything out because it’s a crap shoot
Thumbtack thinks even if you are connected once it’s a lead and a customer contact. It’s not it’s a sham
kneel
Level 6

future costs to send a quote

...does anyone think we'll ever get to being charged ONLY when we are actually HIRED... and then will our cost of getting a new client be worth our investment for that quote.? I base this comment on our recent increases of almost 500% - compared to the OLD model of only paying a few dollars to send quotes.
Highlighted
Moderator Jordan

Re: future costs to send a quote

@kneel Our Head of Product recently spoke about this topic of only paying when you get hired.  We have a ways to go before we get there, but it's one of the end goals. The entire video is educational, but he starts talking about the end goal of only paying when hired around the 14 minute mark: 

0 Kudos
kneel
Level 6

...I remain hopeful that this will all be figured out! We have a lot at stake on both sides. I believe it has been a good relationship up to this point as I have gotten some good clients.
Thank you... kneel
Deborah306
Level 7

Forget all this complexity and subjectivity as to what constitutes a legitiamate contact. Take a straight percentage from those who get the jobs, limit the number of quotes you send to a customer to 6, and ask the right questions in the request. Each individual type of industry can help you with that. I've made so many suggestions and been ignored. You've really made some big mistakes and the pros are trying to deal with it but we can't afford your outrageous system.

Jayme
Level 6

Sheesh I could only imagine what you would charge. How much money you will try to steal from me on a job I sold.
You have $65 leads for 400 sf of tile workwhich here you are basing a price off a customer input on how many square ft they have. Most of them don’t even know if they live on a raised foundation or slab
I look at your prices on your site for tile work. Have you ever looked? You guys have tile over wood cheaper than tile over slab
You haven’t a clue about pricing where do you come up with these prices? Out of a hat?
I had so much success before the jacked up prices. Now it’s bidding against unlicensed contractors on your site and there are 14 of them.
Not worth it
Jayme
Level 6

I could only imagine how much they would charge if we get hired.
I’m in construction and they don’t know how much anything costs. Their price sheet for tile is a complete joke and mid leads customers
0 Kudos

I agree 100%

I get 1-3 word responses lik, Sorry, too high, whats your process. And no hire yet I'm charged $25 for sorry.
Talk about losses! Unnecessary losses.
Either charge us minimal for quotes or for hires, but not for contacts!!! If no one is hired, don't charge us anything. Because 10 times out of 10, it was a fake request.
Jayme
Level 6

There are tons of fake people putting up requests
Thumbtack like it they make money
Maybe it’s them?
0 Kudos