Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
SSTechPlus
Level 6

Re: Pricing

I just stopped bidding, unfortunately. I will have to wait to see if there is a change. 

Carhartt9623
Level 4

Same here...it's not economically wise to bid on something at their price point.
traynorpiano
Level 6

I'm not bidding anymore.  Fully half of my replies are "What is your availability?"  I suspect it is a robo reply.  I always answer with my availability, sometimes a little more information.  To date, I have gotten not one reply of any kind from these.  That's why I suspect "What is your availability?" is a bot or something sent by Thumbtack.  They charge me for it, their argument being that the "customer" was interested and if I don't get the job, it's my fault.  Once or twice, I would buy that reasoning.  But not over and over.  

Andy
Level 4

Outragous cost

After being a Pro on thumbtack for around 2 months I have to say goodbye.  Its costing me some serious money and I have only got 4 jobs earning less than $300.  My profit from Thumbtack for the last two months is more than likely a negative figure.  I was charged $41.93 for one customer to tell me he would contact me if he needs my service.  At that price I don't need Thumbtacks service.  Hope you all have more success than me.  I can't afford to stay.

DCFGCatering
Level 8

Re: Outragous cost

We feel your pain.

Layer by layer as they peel;  our business falters.

Wish TT wasn't so integral to our business.

Dissapointed I let it become that way.

Mauricio
Level 5

Same here, I cancelled my subscription because there's a lot of customers only looking for answers and have no intention of hiring a pro. When it would cost me $3-4 to send a message I didn't mind, but now that it will cost me $15-30 is it ridiculous. 

Deborah306
Level 7

I have been with Thumbtack since 2011 with 44 hires for editing and I am a Top Pro. But I have also stopped quoting. It's a horrible change, unfair and disrespectful to the Pros who've been here for years successfully. I haven't had a nire all summer and spent way too much trying to get hired. I've also complained up the yin/yang but they are not budging or taking the suggestions seriously. When I call the reps are polite but don't seem to get that the quoting process is ruininng our Thumbtack business. 

Highlighted
dagomatic
Level 6

There are literally hundreds of pages of comments like this, and TT just keeps saying that it takes it's Pro's seriously.... Seriously? What they ARE good at is deleting posts that "aren't contructive", like I am sure this one will be considered.... Just so sad to watch greed take over, at our expense....

jamiemosberg
Level 6

Instant Match

Now that the pricing per bid has more than tripled and the max of 5 bids has tripled to 15, I guess Thumbtack will make lots more money while Pro's opportunities diminish with a larger pool to compete against and a 3 times more expensive bidding process. Also this creates  a more confusing list of Pros that go to the customers who now have to sift through 15 profiles to decide. How can someone decide without asking questions to Pro's and Pro's asking questions to potential hires. Im paying sometimes upwards of $50 for someone to ask me if Im available on a certain date. If I cant because Im booked why should that cost me $50? The system was way better before! Go back and turn off Instant Match as it was a move in the wrong direction for all involved Pro's and Customers....

SSTechPlus
Level 6

Re: Instant Match

@jamiemosberg wrote:

Now that the pricing per bid has more than tripled and the max of 5 bids has tripled to 15, I guess Thumbtack will make lots more money while Pro's opportunities diminish with a larger pool to compete against and a 3 times more expensive bidding process. Also this creates  a more confusing list of Pros that go to the customers who now have to sift through 15 profiles to decide. How can someone decide without asking questions to Pro's and Pro's asking questions to potential hires. Im paying sometimes upwards of $50 for someone to ask me if Im available on a certain date. If I cant because Im booked why should that cost me $50? The system was way better before! Go back and turn off Instant Match as it was a move in the wrong direction for all involved Pro's and Customers....

Well stated!