Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
kneel
Level 6

Outragous cost

I feel that TT is not even attempting to make any changes to their new pricing and quoting system. Days and weeks have come and gone and despite what our professionals are posting - not a budge?! I've lost hope in this company to work for me.
Moderator Meckell

Re: Outragous cost

Hi @kneel changes take time, but I promise we're listening. All of the feedback we're recieving from you pros is more helpful than you realize. Please keep it coming. 

kneel
Level 6

I'm really trying to be patient and somewhat hopeful. But I just can't chance sending quotes to potential clients at this time. It's too costly to risk that much... almost half of my hourly charge. So waiting for a change is presently my only option.
SSTechPlus
Level 6

I do have to give respect to Thumbtack because at first, this was a site that I know personally has helped small business pros get up and going. I have, since posting this topic, spoken with Techs/Op Managers who work for the larger companies. They say that hire and pay people to work the jobs they bid on because losing the money will not really hurt their bottom line in the short term and long term it puts small businesses and start-ups out of business because they cannot be profitable. Thumbtack is giving the "Big Guys" a neat and easy way to slowly (or quickly) put us in a tight spot. Please support us... we will keep making you money if we make money. If we go out of business the "Big Guys" won't need to bid here anymore. We can help each other grow!!!

Jayme
Level 6

Nice point
Again
Thumbtack does not care
The owner does not care
cranichik
Level 8

The mods don't listen! All they do is censor any negative comments!

Moderator Meckell

@cranichik I'm sorry you feel that way. We are listening and are doing what we can by submitting your guys' feedback. We can take negativity, but it does need to remain constructive. We have Community Guidelines set in place and if a post goes against them, it will be removed or edited. We want The Community to be a place for pros to converse with each other and share their ideas and yes, we want to hear your feedback on what's not working for you. Please know I'm happy to help whenever you need it. 

If you are honestly listening to your customers, then dont close your ears and expect a relationship.
If I quoted to 10 different people and those quotes cost 50$ per quote...I'm 500$ out ...and I might get one job or of that. Ok maybe 2 jobs. You do the math 
We are making a living out of this ladies and gents...not getting super rich... I know who's trying hard to do so...

If no resolutions are available by end of the month...I'm out too period

Shaz
Level 5

Yes exactly my opinion too!!
Anamrt
Level 5

I am on the same boat as you, im reaching my limit!!! Its horrible a Wedding Planning quote $48.53, this is crazy, this money for low quality quotes is ridiculous. Stay tuned one pro less!