results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
globalld
Level 4

Re: Overpriced

@DJStevie

In full agreement!

Tamekaj38
Level 5

But even with the promoting, it still isn't guaranteed. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten a message from Thumbtack stating something like so and so wants to know when you are available, and because we respond we get charged. Thats not a lead, thats someone surfing, trying to find out information. No one should have to pay for that.

DJStevie
Level 12

@Tamekaj38 

My sentiments exactly! I've been trying to get this through Thumbtack for couple of months now. But they still feel that someone reaching out to ask availability is a very interested customer. I don't know when they will realize that these so called customers are just surfing around.

That's not even enough - the price is way too high and we are having to pay to even talk to previous customers if they contact us through here ... I used to work for an agency in Houston called Shiftgig, and they got ALL the big assignments in town ... they are pretty much out of business in this city now, and it is from the  mindset that they had that matches Thumbtack - that they were the only player in town, and now they are not a player at all ... and it's sad to see this but the only companies that are going to be able to afford to stay with Thumbtack are the big guys ... and eventually they will have enough business on their own without this vehicle. 

Another thing, I had a client that negotiated the lowest price possible with the promises of all of this other business, and explained that she had fired her last contractor - which should have been a red flag - but like everyone else I wanted the work. After the event, the posted the most dishonest, vile review that she could, and I offered her a full refund if she would take it down. She immediately agreed, and it was clear that was her goal. However, despite the fact that she would take it down Thumbtack would not let it be taken down, and they said that the only option I had was to refute the review, and try to get others ... well we one whole year of not getting any work after that dishonest review ... and we have to send staff into homes, neighborhoods, etc. that have not had "any" background checked ... we don't know if the hosts/locations are safe ... Thumbtack DOES NOT CARE about the "pros" ... all they care about is the money. It's obvious.

IT'S UNFORTUNATE FOR US BECAUSE MOST OF OUR PICTURES, ETC. ARE POSTED ON HERE BUT WE ARE WORKING TO MOVE IT ALL BECAUSE WE HAVE NO CHOICE.

I completely agree. TT has removed multiple post of mine pointing out there injusted and how incompetence there customer service is with contractors. They take that promotion and bill you for outside your radius area and they don’t issue refunds when you point out flaws in there programming. 

Let see how long this post last... Hahahaha

It use to be a good place to get leads now I just pass leads away until a really good one comes up and even then I have to be desperate to pay the outrageous fee and compete with 10/15 other contractors 

kudos to TT

LovesFlowers
Level 3

I agree with this! My problem with the new pricing is that the customer can view our profiles of course, and then they can "request a quote" from 10 other providers. But I have to pay $25 or more just to reply. If the customer were limited to maybe 2 or 3 "requests", it might mean a little bit more.

I get a quote request that says "Congratulations! You got a new lead!" as if its special that they choose me. But then I look at the competition, and they choose 10 other providors. *rolls eyes*

I agree with you 100 percent
I don’t like the new platform and you charge for a lead your never going to get ..
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anamrt
Level 5

If you pay once a fee of $33 its fine, but if Thumbtack is used to create leads for you each month $33 ×10=$330 vs $7 ×10=$70, its a huge difference. Your prices arent always changing, Thumbtack was better, now its false leads permanently, I havent had a client from Thumbtack in a very long time
Moderator Kameron

@Anamrt @gguer11 It's definitely tough to hear that you've been experiencing these frustrations and fewer hires under the new system. Thanks again for sharing and I'll be passing your thoughts along. @Anamrt @JoeB131 in the link I included from our pricing Q&A our PM talks about why we don't charge per hire if you haven't seen it already. Ultimately there's not an accurate enough way for us to know when a hire has actually taken place and when a job has been completed. We do believe and have seen that the new way we charge per customer response has been more beneficial for pros than when we used to charge for every quote sent. With that said we know there's always room for improvements and work hard every day to take in pro and customer feedback to do so.

0 Kudos
Anamrt
Level 5

I recommend you read thousands of people on your community that have complained. I am well informed of your changes, and the quality of leads is appauling, so much so, the last person made me drive twice to their home, and didnt bother to show up, making me lose $50 in gas and $40 in leads. I said let me try once more to get help, but ill be closing my account very soon. Enjoy your success, nothing is permanent in life.