Highlighted

Pay per Hire

Community Veteran
Best Answer

We see about 99% of those who post on these boards as dissatisfied with the current price structure and how leads are presented to us and not vetted nor screened for validity. It has been asserted by TT that it is an introductory service. Very well. There introductions worth paying for and intros that have questionable or no value. I have a solution: As it is not TT policy to screen the leads, and we have no way of knowing if they are real or not, why not earn revenue from us another way? A 15% commission is paid (by the Pro) to TT as soon as a hire goes through. There are service platforms that operate this way and it works. The customer will be happy as he or she will recieve many bids. We pros will be encouraged to enter more bids. The algorithm in place now nearly equals this percentage. TT will be encouraged to raise its fallen standards of vetting to its former glory. Win Win!

0 Likes
replies
Highlighted

Re: Pay per Hire

Community Expert
Best Answer

@ChefOfAllSeason

Thanks for starting this discussion. The pay per hire option is one we've definitely thought about and looked into. In the end, there's not an accurate enough way for us to know when a hire has actually taken place and when a job has been completed. We've seen that the new way we charge per customer response has been much fairer for pros than when we used to charge for every quote sent. With that said we know there's always room for improvements and work hard every day to take in pro and customer feedback to do so. Not all customers who contact you will end up hiring you, but our goal is for you to earn enough from the jobs you win that Thumbtack is worth it. 

For some additional context, in our Q&A with Marco he answered some questions about what goes into factoring our prices HERE. He also mentioned the steps we take to hear pro feedback about prices. I'd also check out our live Q&A recording as well, the topic of why we don't currently charge per hire was discussed at about 5 minutes in. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Pay per Hire

Community Veteran
Best Answer

@Kameron Check out Table for Hire. They have the pay per hire model up and running. Happy Pros. Happy clients. Win Win!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Does Thumbtack Care?

Community Regular
Best Answer
I am not trying to be funny, but I don't understand why Thumbtack would want to take from entrepreneurs trying to make money by charging for leads. I feel the best solution is to take 5-10% from each job...if a person is interested they pay whatever we charge through Thumbtack. Thumbtack takes their cut and we get the rest. It doesn't make sense period bc there are sites that do that..if you care about the individuals using the site you want it to be most cost effective. The point is to make money. Not just make Thumbtack money. The refund policy isn't good. If you care you'll make easy for both of us to successfully make money. Everyone knows it's hard to be an entrepreneur especially have no benefits and doing everything yourself.

Suggesting for fees.

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I don’t know if I titled this appropriate, however, I would like to make a suggestion for Lead Fees.
I think Thumbtack should become the middle man for deposits, and here’s my reason:
The fees for leads should be determined on the basis of the client and talent has confirmed the deal on conducting business. That way the fees for leads aren’t wasted on Possible Leads, but instead, Thumbtack will be the medium for sealing the deal, Thumbtack will be able to receive the required fees for using your platform, and to insure that both parties agreement on conducting business is official and a healthy one.
It’s a great platform however, some do not want to keep dishing out Lead Fees if the leads are looking for the cheaper deals.
Just my suggestion.
0 Likes