results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me

Pay per Hire

We see about 99% of those who post on these boards as dissatisfied with the current price structure and how leads are presented to us and not vetted nor screened for validity. It has been asserted by TT that it is an introductory service. Very well. There introductions worth paying for and intros that have questionable or no value. I have a solution: As it is not TT policy to screen the leads, and we have no way of knowing if they are real or not, why not earn revenue from us another way? A 15% commission is paid (by the Pro) to TT as soon as a hire goes through. There are service platforms that operate this way and it works. The customer will be happy as he or she will recieve many bids. We pros will be encouraged to enter more bids. The algorithm in place now nearly equals this percentage. TT will be encouraged to raise its fallen standards of vetting to its former glory. Win Win!

0 Kudos
2 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Pay per Hire

@ChefOfAllSeason

Thanks for starting this discussion. The pay per hire option is one we've definitely thought about and looked into. In the end, there's not an accurate enough way for us to know when a hire has actually taken place and when a job has been completed. We've seen that the new way we charge per customer response has been much fairer for pros than when we used to charge for every quote sent. With that said we know there's always room for improvements and work hard every day to take in pro and customer feedback to do so. Not all customers who contact you will end up hiring you, but our goal is for you to earn enough from the jobs you win that Thumbtack is worth it. 

For some additional context, in our Q&A with Marco he answered some questions about what goes into factoring our prices HERE. He also mentioned the steps we take to hear pro feedback about prices. I'd also check out our live Q&A recording as well, the topic of why we don't currently charge per hire was discussed at about 5 minutes in. 

0 Kudos

Re: Pay per Hire

@Kameron Check out Table for Hire. They have the pay per hire model up and running. Happy Pros. Happy clients. Win Win!

0 Kudos