results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
cgema
Level 7

Penalized for a customer who doesn't know what they want

I am a portrait photographer.   I responded to a job for someone who listed they were looking for a PORTRAIT photographer and said it was for a childs birthday.   Turns out they were looking for someone to photograph the event.  Totally different then doing portraits and something I don't offer.    Had they listed it was an event they wanted photographed (or chose that catgagory) I woudn't have responded thus costing me money for this "lead".     This seems unfair that because of the customers mistake that I have to pay for it.      Does this fall under the refund policy??

Occupations (1)
0 Kudos
3 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Penalized for a customer who doesn't know what they want

@cgema to me this sounds like something that would call for a refund since the details of the job were misaligned. You can apply for the refund in the app by going to payments and "help with a charge", then our teams will review and get back to you. Or you can send me a direct message including the customer's name so that I can verify. 

0 Kudos
cgema
Level 7

I did this morning already.   Waiting to hear back.    Very nice person but sadly they were confused as to how to post for the job.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@cgema good to hear. If you have any further questions or follow up feel free to reach out. 

0 Kudos