Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
TravisMagee
Level 4

Photographing for $250 or less? Who's taking these jobs?

Thumbtack is filled with clients looking for a photographer for $250 or less. I don't know any photographers in the New York City area who would take any photography job for so little. So my question is who is bidding on these jobs? Are you fulltime or part time? Are you able to put together a sustainable business with these jobs? 

My business took a big turn a few years ago when I decided that I had a minimum for any kind of work. My rock bottom is $200/hr. with a minimum of 2 hrs. It took me from part time to full-time photographer. 

2 responses
Serge
Level 6

Re: Photographing for $250 or less? Who's taking these jobs?

Most likely new players entering the market

Highlighted
LanceS
Level 5

Re: Photographing for $250 or less? Who's taking these jobs?

You are competing with students and novice people here. It's pretty rough since the recent changes in the bidding process. It's as if the system favors the novice because it creates a price war out of the gate. I have two profiles... As a wedding officiant, and as a designer/draftsman. I have 15&30 years experience in each respectively but I compete against weekend warriors all the time. I'm not sure what the solution is.
0 Kudos