Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
topic id 5305: Website Design Pricing
topic id 3937: Unhappy with thumbtack
topic id 4155: Rates for Yoga Instructors in Los Angeles
Highlighted
showphile
Level 6

Positive experience with Instant Match -- is there ANY evidence of this?

Granted, people are much more quick to complain than praise, but several Thumbtack reps have indicated that they have heard from many, many pros and customers that the new system is the bees knees...and so overwhelming is the positive response that Instant Match has been deemed the "future" of Thumbtack.  Who are these people?  Do they only send private messages?

16 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Positive experience with new quote system -- is there ANY evidence of this?

@showphile I know there are fans of Instant Match here in the Community. But, as you could imagine, being a fan of Instant Match doesn't make you very popular among some of the folks here right now Smiley Happy Don't get me wrong, it isn't working for everyone and we're working on it every day to make it just right. Overall though, there are quite a few pros who are finding success.

Take Patricia for example. She's a pro on Thumbtack who has been able to grow her business with Instant Match: https://www.thumbtack.com/pro-center/stories/patricia-photobooth-interview/. She shares why it works for her and she even gives some tips for other pros. Give this article a read. 

showphile
Level 6

Re: Positive experience with Instant Match -- is there ANY evidence of this?

I read the article you suggested.  And I'm wondering why you suggested it.  Obviously it illustrates your claim that Instant Match does work, because it was created by your promotions department.  But it's weird that you'd shine a light on the fact that you used the same person in an obviously ficticious article promoting the awesomeness of Instant Match as you'd already used on your "how to use Thumbtack" web page.

I am shaking my head.  I just..

Nope. 

I'm shaking my head.   

But suffice it to say I'm not won over regarding Instant Match.  

Moderator Meckell

@showphile sorry for any confusion, she is indeed a Pro on Thumbtack. You will see different pros throughout our website and some that we've even showcased before. So although you'll see her on our website and in an article, she is an actual PRO. In each article, like the one I shared above, you'll see that the pros public profile is linked for other pros to look at. You'll see dozens of other stories like hers in our Pro Center: https://www.thumbtack.com/pro-center/stories/. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to send me a PM. 

0 Kudos
dagomatic
Level 5

think... cool-aid.

@Meckell  I am sure willing to give you and Thumbtack the benefit of the doubt, but I am currious to know what business categories the FANS of Instant Match are in? They may exist in categories where there is a limited need for custom quotes.

And in one thread I read a comment that Instant Match sends X number of quotes. How many is that number? I thought it was the same number it had always been in the past. I though it was 5 quotes. Is it more? or less? than 5 quotes?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@InspectionsJCH there isn't one category in specific that pros are loving Instant Match more than others. It varies. There are a lot of success stories in our Pro Center, you should read them over. 

In Instant Match categories, a customer can receive up to 15 quotes. Out of those 15, 10 of them are Instant Match quotes and the other 5 are left open for custom quotes. I hope this helps clarify! 

0 Kudos

@Meckell  Thank you for the insight regarding the number of quotes. Why so many? That sure seems to me to be overload. And I suspect the Instant match are all located at the top of the list of replies simply because they arrived "Instantly". The customer may get tired of reading profiles long before they get to the custom quotes. But I never saw the requests so that I may quote them.

And if there are 5 openings for custom quotes, why was I seeing none of those opportunities while I have Instant Match turned off. In the past 90 days with 58 requests for the category of Home Inspections. how is it that I only saw 2? It is as though I was exluded by the algorithm and I have no way to audit the 58 requests that I never saw.

I still feel that something is borked.

Moderator Meckell

@InspectionsJCH We raised the number of quotes after receiving feedback from customers, they wanted more options.

As far as requests getting sent to pros who aren't on Instant Match to quote on, it's based on your preferences. If you're preferences match the customers request, we'll send it to you to quote on. I want to look into your account to see what's going on. Will you send me a private message with your account email address? Once I get that, I'll start looking! 

0 Kudos

@Meckell wrote:

@InspectionsJCHWe raised the number of quotes after receiving feedback from customers, they wanted more options.

@MeckellAnd after raising the number of quotes did the quality of customer engagement go up?  How does TT measure the quality of engagement? I would run the numbers to see if they actually responded more to 10 quotes than they had been responding to 5 custom quotes.

And how about the number of hires? I bet that this number is flat with no real change. Somehow Thumbtack needs to find a way to go to bat for our team on this and find ways to motivate the customers to "Get Real".

And what data is there to give us a clue where on the pricing curve (should we call it a spectrum?) the final purchase is made. I am guessing that the customers are shopping price so hard that being in the top 50% of the price range is a deal killer. Would Thumbtack offer us more insight than a generalized statement that they do not always choose the cheepest. While this may be true, how high do they go? Do they always choose in the bottom third? And has that changed now that the price spectrum increased from 5 Custom Quotes to 10 Instant Match Quotes? Are the customers responding with lower priced purchases?