results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Price Reduction for Leads

Solved! Jump to solution

Last Friday I received this email:

Hi Mitchell,

Starting today, you’ll pay less for leads. 

We’re lowering prices in select categories. Which means that on average, you’ll pay less for leads and your budget can stretch even further. You may occasionally get a lead with a slightly higher price point than what you’re paying today. But overall, your typical cost per lead will be lower with this new price change. 

Prices are dropping in these categories:

Wedding and Event Catering

Personal Chef

For more information on how lead prices vary on Thumbtack, here’s a quick summary

– The Thumbtack Team

My query: The prices for leads in the two categories listed have not changed; please elaborate on what this is about. The video was highly informative and adequately explained Thumbtack's efforts to offer a fair price for the leads based on value. When will these changes take effect? The email promised they would start last Friday (August 30th), but, so far all is as it has been.

0 Kudos
2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Meckell

Re: Price Reduction for Leads

Solved! Jump to solution

@ChefOfAllSeason if you look at your most recent receipt, you'll see charges from August 27th - August 31st all for Wedding and Event Catering. The charge on the 31st (which came after this email) was indeed significantly less than the other charges. 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

@Meckell Thanks for the response. I review leads based primarily on their potential revenue; and secondarily on the expenses therein. I would venture to guess that every business person does this. I see a new feature (in the budgets area of services) that shows a price list for leads in Catering. I am uncomfortable referring to that service as TT calls it: "Weddings and Events"

As you pointed out, there has indeed been a reduction of prices for leads in this service. Upon realization of the obvious fact that lead prices are based solely on head  count, it became clear that prices have decreased. I am happy with these surprising and welcome changes.

0 Kudos
3 responses
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@ChefOfAllSeason if you look at your most recent receipt, you'll see charges from August 27th - August 31st all for Wedding and Event Catering. The charge on the 31st (which came after this email) was indeed significantly less than the other charges. 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

@Meckell Thanks for the response. I review leads based primarily on their potential revenue; and secondarily on the expenses therein. I would venture to guess that every business person does this. I see a new feature (in the budgets area of services) that shows a price list for leads in Catering. I am uncomfortable referring to that service as TT calls it: "Weddings and Events"

As you pointed out, there has indeed been a reduction of prices for leads in this service. Upon realization of the obvious fact that lead prices are based solely on head  count, it became clear that prices have decreased. I am happy with these surprising and welcome changes.

0 Kudos
tabbylangley
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Last week I received two leads for the exact same job for the exact same client, one at the 20% discount and the other for the full price.  I guess it was an accident of some sort.  The initial cost of the targeted lead was $8.29 but I got the 20% discount.  The cost of the lead for the other job without the 20% discount was $7.50.  In essence, the base price of the targeted lead was higher so my final discount was actually only 11.6%.  I asked Thumbtack for an explanation of why the cost of the targeted lead was jacked up and they could not offer an explanation.  I have complained numberous times about the arbitrary structor of the cost of leads.  No one can give me clear explanations.  Just an FYI.