Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
Smithkat1981
Community Regular

Prices RAISING for the Home Organizing Industry!

Got an email stating that TT will be raising its prices for the Home Organizing Category.

In this email, it clearly states that it will charge based on how many rooms need to be organized.
1 room is X. 2 rooms is X and up to 3 rooms will cost our industry up to 45 dollars per lead!!!
Let me just say this. This is yet another FAIL! This is in comparison to the painting industry. Most homes that need painted are the entire home.
This is NO DIFFERENT for our professional organizing industry. We typically end up organizing the entire home. Almost always more than a couple of rooms because our clients have clutter EVERYWHERE.
TT just keeps on raising prices...again and again and again.
Little leads that go nowhere. This platform is quickly providing no value for an already TOUGH professional organizing industry!
Occupations (1)
States
9 responses
MR
Community Veteran

Re: Prices RAISING for the Home Organizing Industry!

@Smithkat1981 It would be interesting to hear what is justifying these cost increases. I do not think we would find many pros who believe that the "value" of the leads have increased to any extent at all. (in fact, in my category, the value of the leads have decreased to me significantly from 2018 as the "average" lead now is looking for rock-bottom pricing, is broke or actually asks me to work for free on some occassions.)

I do know that some pros have received emails that their lead costs have reduced... regardless, the same question remains. If it is the value proposition, that would mean that TT admits that the value of those leads has indeed decreased.

Are there cost increases at TT that need be passed through to their customers to cover the increases? Is TT starting to advertise again in more markets? I use the word "again" because I have not seen a TT ad here in the Chicago area for well over a year.

If TT does believe that the leads are of more value, please describe as we may be looking through a different value lense vs what TT is.  

Smithkat1981
Community Regular

Not even sure what is justfying this increase. The leads I get have declined steadily across the board. Price shoppers. Being ghosted after supposedly being the "only organizer" they chose.
I truly feel they had a pow wow and said "Which category have we not price gouged? Oh look! The home organizing industry! Let's raise it per room because most homes have more than 3 rooms and really get them where it counts!"

I get *MAYBE* a lead or two per week now. So I could waste a couple hundred here per month...or take that money and bump my online advertising and presence.
On my last string with TT
0 Kudos
MR
Community Veteran

@Smithkat1981 Completely agree. It is indeed budget season for many of us pros and we will be looking hard at where to budget our marketing dollars for 2020.  This will indeed become a factor in those discussions. 

Smithkat1981
Community Regular

Amen to that!!
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Smithkat1981 it sounds like there is some miscommunication going on. For Home Organizing, prices did indeed go up, but not to $45. The most you will pay for a home organizing lead is $13. 

Could you share a screenshot of the email you received? We want to make sure that we get this corrected to eliminate any further confusion. 

0 Kudos
Smithkat1981
Community Regular

I am not sure how to do that. I don't see an option to share a screenshot directly on this thread. Is there a way to email a screenshot
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Smithkat1981 are you accessing the Community from your phone? If so, you can only share images from a desktop. Is it possible that the price you're referring to is for another category that you work in like house cleaning?

0 Kudos
Smithkat1981
Community Regular

I am on my phone. In thr email it clearly says "home organizing". At the bottom it says "learn more" on a tab. That tab takes me directly to the page explaining the prices. On that page there is a photo with it breaking down prices based by room.
I tried to do more searching to see if theres another page or any more info in case this was just an "example" photo. I see nothing anywhere.
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Smithkat1981 thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. This is something we'll definitely want to verify and get confirmation on or get corrected if necessary. Would you possibly be able to log on through a desktop at some point to share a screenshot with us? If not, to get the needed clarification we'd encourage you to forward the email you received to support@thumbtack.com and explain the situation. 

0 Kudos