Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
topic id 5305: Website Design Pricing
topic id 3937: Unhappy with thumbtack
Highlighted
Community Manager LydiaH
Community Manager

Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey pros! Thanks so much for the great feedback in our pricing Q&A with Vinamrata this week. We got tons of great feedback: 1,800 posts from over 1,400 of you, and Vinamrata’s team is hard at work addressing it.  You’ll also see personalized responses from her by tomorrow. 

Check out this video of Vinamrata answering a couple of your most common questions:

While the Q&A might be over, we still want to hear from you! Feel free to explore our Community to learn more about how to use Thumbtack, tips for success, or just to connect with your fellow pros!

Congratulations to our winner of $250 in Thumbtack credit from this Q&A, @DrHilt!

We’ll be back with more Q&As in the future, so stay tuned and keep thinking of ways we can make Thumbtack better!

-Lydia

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Thumbtack Employee vinamrata
Thumbtack Employee

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi everyone, thank you SO MUCH for all the great feedback you’ve given us about what leads cost. As you’ve probably noticed, this is a really important topic for most pros. And it’s really important for us too, because if you can’t succeed with our pricing model, then we can’t succeed either.

Believe me, we hear that you’re frustrated, and we’re trying hard to improve based on your feedback. There were tons of helpful posts, but we saw a few major topics that most of you feel strongly about. Here’s the most common feedback that I’ve brought back to my pricing team to address:

• We need to make our pricing more transparent and understandable
  • It’s frustrating when customers respond to you but don’t follow through, and it should be easier to be refunded when you get a lead that isn’t meaningful
  • It sometimes feels like our prices don’t reflect the true value of a job in your category

While I can’t promise that we’re going to fix all your concerns immediately, I can tell you that these are among our very top priorities. I’ll be back to announce product updates as we work through these issues, so stay tuned for updates in the Community. In the meantime, I wanted to share a few of the improvements we’ve made, and some things we’re working on in the coming months:

• Price transparency. We heard you when you said you needed to see prices upfront before deciding whether you wanted to pursue specific jobs. So we added prices to all jobs in your Jobs tab, as well as on all leads where customers proactively reach out to you and you get to decide whether you want to accept the lead. We’re continuing to work on ways to help you better understand what you’re paying for leads.
  • Better prices. We’re constantly evaluating our prices to make sure they make sense. Recently, we lowered prices in over 100 categories (like Exterior Painting and Local Moving) because we realized those prices were too high. We also have a team dedicated to researching individual categories so that we can price leads appropriately. They’re hard at work evaluating our prices, and we’ll continue incorporating your feedback when you tell us prices seem off.
  • Accounting for how serious customers are. We realize we need better ways of figuring out how serious customers are. You shouldn’t pay as much for customers who aren’t as serious. So we’re hard at work finding better ways to calibrate how serious a given customer is. In the meantime, we’ll continue investing in other ways to ensure the right customers are reaching out to you. We have new and improved ways for you to showcase your business and pricing ahead of time, so customers don’t have to contact you just to ask. We’re also continuing to invest in cost pages, so that customers can get a sense of pricing before they reach out to you. We hope this will reduce the number of customers who contact you just to ask about your prices.
  • Easier way to get refunds. We’re working on giving you the ability to request refunds right in the app. This way you can quickly and easily tell us when you think you’ve been charged incorrectly, and we can investigate to make sure you’re only paying for quality leads.

We’re constantly trying to make Thumbtack better for both our customers and pros. Happy customers who keep coming back to Thumbtack means we have more jobs for pros. And lots of pros who find value using Thumbtack means we have the right pros to meet customers’ needs. It’s not easy and we’re constantly learning, so I hope you will stick with us through the journey. Thanks again for all the amazing feedback. I see that we have a lot of work to do to make our pricing system work for you, and I’m excited about all the great improvements to come!

-Vinamrata

482 responses
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Congrats @DrHilt and thank you to everyone who participated. Your feedback is always appreciated!

Drummerpro
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
I couldn’t make it through the video because it was made clear at the beginning that you aren’t changing back to you old system like thousands asked for. Thumbtack has become such a disappointment since changing to the current system. I will still use it, but with a lot more aggressive decisions about who I send a quote to. We spoke, You guys didn’t listen. You gave “reasons”
For the current system that are just inexcusable. Thumbtack has lost thousands of pros because of this change to the current system, and you continue to use it. So very disappointing. I have been a top pro for two years, and will get my 3rd year in a row. (Have already qualified for it). My price per month for quotes has gone up by about 10 times. Totally not cool price hike. I don’t mind price hikes, but they should be done incrementally. Hoping that you can take this issue to Marco, and fix it! Please! It’s so broken.
linandsue
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I couldn't have said it better myself!
Ilenekoller
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I have been doing it for over 10 years. I am getting crappy customers that cancel that I still need to pay for.

Solved! Jump to solution

Extremey crapy customers!!!! They protect the customers but using us! The customer should never put in a request without a valid phone number!!!!

Jaxgreyson4
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree 1000%.  Over the past several years I have made this exact request/sugestion to Thumbtack and received the form letter response; "that's a great sugestion, I will be sure to pass it on".  All serious and legitimate clients should at the very least, start with providing a telephone number. 

ericdarden50
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Phone number and a correct name as well if you post it and we pay for it why should I have to text you to try and get my business info to you a phone call is much easier and responsive at best
ericdarden50
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I've had the same problem and I agree with you totally . We pay for leads that aren't qualified and don't have any recourse after our money and time has been wasted
jazzdrummer
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

Please do noyt charge the Teacher until they have a customer. Just because the respond, does not mean then are going to take lessons             Require their phone number ! We need it to find out if they are really going to take lessons, even if it is from another teacher.