Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
smashandgrab
Community Newcomer

You should have hired a pro for that video!!

Solved! Jump to solution

Subject says it all. 

Shanah102
Community Regular

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Solved! Jump to solution

Must say based on all of the Pros responses, and your response, the responsible thing to do would be to switch back to the old pricing model while you "discuss" those changes in the future.... if you really want to have a great relationship with your pros, make them part of the conversation, not after the fact sheep.  Making changes that affect the people that provide you income without taking into account their feelings about it, is a sliipery slope for any business model.... not to mention the agressive sales pitches from your competitiors.... Help us help you!  (Or lose us forever- such is the way of business unfortunately).  

RuffAdjustments
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
What a farce...complete and utter nonsense. Wasted words and wasted time. It's obvious that this has been one big venting session, nothing more!
Highlighted
andrew_kamen
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

Subscription Model please Smiley Happy

Tre
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
Why Don't you all set one price for all responses It'll make it easier plus I don't believe you all should charge for instant match because some people as I do even with instant match do not get more jobs but our pain even more for the capability Understand your reasoning behind it but your reasoning is also the reason why home advisor is calling all of your pros and taking most of them
DaveAZ
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

TELL US UP FRONT WHAT THE CHARGE FOR EACH LEAD WILL BE!!!

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT EACH LEAD GONIG TO COST ME!!!

I DON'T WANT TO KNOW A FUN FACT ABOUT YOU OR THUMBTACK!!

GET TO THE POINT!!!

NHamilton
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

I would have no problem paying for leads, even if they didn't end up resulting in a job, if the payments were more reasonable. I recently paid $145 for two "leads" that didn't turn into actual jobs. The pricing seems very arbitrary and way too high for the type of work (marketing/social media) that I'm pitching to customers.

If it cost $10-$15 a "lead" I wouldn't really mind even if I didn't end up getting a job. I can afford to lose that and send more pitches. But if I have to pay $75 to have one message or call with a client then I can't afford to put out as many pitches. 

jcp
Community Veteran

Solved! Jump to solution
Those are the questions you addressed in this video? Almost every person complained about the triple price. That’s what your missing! No value has changed to justify a triple increase. Sure bring us leads - find ways to make it better for both customer and pro. But you will never get us pros to find that your triple price increase is reasonable. When you now increase the competition and make it more difficult to get hired. I was watching you video just waiting to hear you respond to the price. Nothing. I read a lot of those comments and almost every single one said they can not afford these prices. That to me is the top priority! Pros will leave because of the cost. All your other answers mean nothing. So what if customers leave the site. They will still leave the site with these terms as well. But pros will not pay these prices. I look forward to see where TT will be in 6 months. I hope that it’s back to reasonable pricing because all the other changes are workable. For now - I’ll sit back and wait. So disappointed in your video response- especially after an overwhelming amount of negative feedback. Your opening statement even says “thanks for the great feedback”. It’s not “great” . It’s really really bad feedback and I can’t belive you don’t see that. Respond to the triple price. That’s what we are all telling you.
tnfloors
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
My question is this
I personally don't care that thumbtack switched to pay for leads when customer reply but the prices tripled and that's the issue for me and also big reason as why I use thumbtack less and less than I have in past 3.5 yrs. With over 100 reviews and 4.8 star rating. I've been using Thumbtack for a while. Go back to every job cost 4 credits
nrtainr
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

The new pricing is not fair and that doesn't matter to TT.  Most of my inquiries are tire kickers with nothing serious.  I quote and quote and someone will ask a question, then I am charged and never hear back from them.   I am really thinking of not using TT any longer because I never know who is serious or not, mostly not.  To charge $2 when a question is asked is one thing, but to charge $20 when a question is asked is another.  Shame on!