Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Community Regular
Best Answer
I have asked too many times to count what my fee is per quote. I don't want vague answers. I do not want to give a monthly budget if I do not know what I will be charged AND YOU HAVE TAKEN AWAY MY FLEXIBILITY WHEN IT COMES TO QUOTING. I am glad you all love the new system. I am done
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I think the new system has been working great! One suggestion is for those that are contacted and not hired should be refunded?

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

Again you refer to the people looking to hire pros as the customer. They are not your customer, but your product. You sell us contact with them. Sure they need to be developed and catered to, but they do not spend money with you.

We, the pros who spend money with you are your customer.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Your reply was to say the very least, hogwash.
You didn’t answer the many questions pertaining to many of the comments posted in this chat room.
You skirted the main issues of the price gouching increases that are driving most of the pros away.
If you are the one that is determining this ridiculous prices, you really need to get someone that is in touch with the different markets out there.
I’ve been a top pro for four years & I’m on the way out like many others. You stand to loose a big chunk of users because you have gotten very greedy.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

Thumbtack is sowing the seeds of its own destruction.  By charging ridiculous rates for people to only ask stupid questions, or ask for a quote to know how much money they have to save over the next few years to afford what they are asking for -- is pathetic.  I have already cut my bidding on Thumbtack by over 80% and as my other sources generate jobs that I want, Thumbtack is the FIRST TO GO!   Risking $10 - $20 on an "unknown" bid is a somewhat reasonable risk.  Getting charged $50 - $70 for that same unknown (...broke idiot!) is literally driving me away.  With no bidders, you have no business.  Amongst my peers, your site is collectively known as the worst place to bid.  This won't last.   

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

I've repeatedly complained about the "marketplace" Thumbtack is allegedly trying to establish.  I get an inquiry from a potential customer, with a pre-fabbed, "What is your availability?"  If I choose to respond, Thumbtack charges me anywhere from about $3.50 to $13.50 -- there's no predictability with the cost. 

If I choose not to pay that, I look like I'm ignoring a customer, and worse, THUMBTACK INFORMS THE CUSTOMER I'M "NOT AVAILABLE."

It's just disgusting. Thumbtack is actively hurting small businesses. 

Again, I've repeatedly complained, and explained my objections.  Thumbtack's representatives have repeatedly made it clear they just don't care about me . . . or you . . . or any small business.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

Why am I earning badges for commenting on your fiasco is this a new branch of the boyscouts? I have already earned top pro for the year for 3 years consistently in my area and then all this started with the pricing and guess what I did not earn it anymore because I have not been using Thumbtack primarily because it is to expensive. Your a white board, you don't certify our clients, you don't do anything but provide a place for customers to come find us without us you are out of business basically.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
This said nothing about the amount we are charged for responses. I don’t care why you changed your payment structure it was the insane prices per redponse. I’ve turned down many wedding jobs because you want $40-$50 per response!!
NO FRIGGIN WAY!!!
So eventually no pro will be bidding on jobs because we do the work and only you guys make a profit!! Not us!!
Do the video was a waste of your and our time!!
Sorry, but TT is getting worse and worse!!
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
This is by far the worst video I've ever seen.... yall danced around the pricing issue, you completely ignored the points about false leads generated by thumbtack. Thumbtack has never be as awful as they are right now... I'm about to pull the plug on my account, which won't bother you because I ha ent placed abid in nearly a year.

There are too many others out there that doesn't change policies every other month, there is zero consistency with thumbtack, ZERO...

JIM
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Usual smoke and mirrors that TT has mastered. Cosmetic changes and blaming the pro: "fine-tune your settings" and "change your quotes" etc. I'm only in till I use up my credit, since you "can't" actually return my money. I get much more bang for my buck elsewhere.