Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Psychicsue1
Level 5

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Solved! Jump to solution
yes absolutely. im not getting jobs. but have to pay for them. that does not make sence whatsoever. i have gotten a few jobs this month. but the majority is not hiring me. so i dont understand why i have to pay such a big price. for a job i only chrage between 20-35 dollars.

Solved! Jump to solution

this is precisely why I have watched this platform on the side lines...just watching how it developes and BAD EXPERIENCES like yours prevent me from even considering this ....I used other forms of leads with out cost like here***

0 Kudos
Johnklippel
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I hate paying for tire kickers who were never serious about hiring in the first place
Masonprotex
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I’m glad to see there are other top pros out there that are as frustrated as we are. Thumbtack has clearly changed their policies to benefit them while giving excuses as to how this is helping us and the customer. The pro community clearly disagrees as do we. Thumbtack still generates some business for us but we have ventured into other platforms to help generate business. I’m hopeful they will correct the problem.
Peacanpr
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
They are listed on the stock market now... They are about the money and not the people...

I am sad that it turned around like this because I really really liked using their services and now I only used it to contact old customers.

Solved! Jump to solution

The simple fact that they have done so many big changes in the past 2 years clearly shows that they have no idea what they are doing.

Problem is we are losing more and more money and getting less and less jobs Smiley Sad

reidercody
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

All of you are so on point. Thumbtack has gotten greedy. Skyrocketing pricing now to quote. Charging us for basic questions that the customer ask on subjects that we've already covered in the quote! Im moving away from them because I don't think they give a hoot about the Pros. They  constantly change their p;latforms so they can guage you more for quotes. A couple years ago they were decent, but now, it's become obvious that they are just solely in it for the buck. Really disappointed. Customers are out there "phishing" for pricing and the new way that Thumbtack sets up quotes, allows the company to charge you for the smallest inquiry. That's....bull..s!!!!

Highlighted

Solved! Jump to solution
The two reasons given for why they arent going back to simple ‘pay to quote’ made absolutely no sense. They really do seem to be clueless and dishonest. Thank goodness they arent the only fish in the sea. I myself will leave my profile up just because it requires no action. But i have scaled waaaay back on what i bid on by at least 75%. Since they changed it. I am so glad i never signed up for instant mismatch
CHRFRE
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I am so glad to hear that I wasn't the only pro who's frustrated by the new system! Everytime I will call to complain, someone will tell me that they swiched from the old system cos a lot you pros didn't like the old system and every explanation that I got did not make any sense to me.

I really liked the old system, TT and always tried to promote the site to other businessowners, customers and I was really doing well! But now, I have totally scaled way down and not sure what TT has become any more. At least there are other pros that feel the same as I do and I really hope TT will listern and do something about it before they lose a lot of pros. Maybe it might not mean anything to TT to lose just one pro like me but please listern to all the feedbacks and act on it!

Saammi
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I concur. I feel as though I am throwing my money away to you and not obtaining any clients.  Ipreferred the previous method.  This process is more expensive than advertising on line with many com[anies and social media, etc.  I shall be seeking a better source to obtain clients. TT doesn't care about the Pro .

I have been with TT since 2011 , which was much more fair to pros.  $3.34 was more fair per view than $5.00 to $15.00 per view which evidentally leads nowhere. In recent 3-4 years TT has become selfish and uncaring to Professionals. No matter how often I phone and explain the issues, the company ignors the Pro and generates more income for TT.  This is a bust a true LOSS fro Pros. PLUS customers are curious seekers, and if they happen to schedule, they don't show, plus geerally providing inaccurate e-mail or phone number. Thumbtack is totally unfair for the Pros. just like the newer company, Bark ,or the older company, Angies list.  Greedy and uncaring for the Professionals.