Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Leetuttle
Level 4

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Solved! Jump to solution
I also have a complaint about over tripling the pricing as it seems excessively greedy. Can't do business with companies whose main goal for profit is greed off the backs of their contractors
0 Kudos
Arianakiva
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Thank you!  My big problem is that more than 1/2 of the people that respond to my quotes are just asking a question... then I get charged for them to ask a question and end up paying a ton of money for only a few gigs.  I don't make tons of money because I'm selling my time and people are looking for the lowest bid on here (like a garage sale).  Palmistry and tarot card reading are pretty easy to find someone to do for cheap but that doesn't mean they are excellent readers.  I've been doing this for over 37 years and I'm offering a pretty reasonable rate but I'm not just paying for the current gig, I'm paying for folks to ask questions.  If Thumbtack charged me when I was hired I would be fine with the fees.  Because Thumbtack charges every time someone responds to a quote - or the NEW gouging system, every time someone asks me if I'm available.  This may be great for plumbers and such but not for what I do.

0 Kudos
GrampysMagic
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

The one thing ThumbTack has yet to realize is that we Pros are THEIR customer and the clients looking are OUR potenial customers.  Sure, make the expirence better for them to find us, but don't screw US with your messed up pricing model !!!!!  This price gouging needs to STOP!!!!

0 Kudos
Greenleaflmt
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
I absolutely agree with you!!!
0 Kudos
cdane
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I totally agree. I am charged MORE than ever before and get LESS jobs now! It is time Thumbtack stops with the ridiculous gimmicky convoluted price structure with discounts and qualifiers, etc. Use a simple straightforward fee structure like Gigmasters. Choice of exposure level to clients with annual fee and FLAT $20 fee only WHEN you land the job. Stop all the other BS fee structure nonsense. 

0 Kudos
revnovied
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I totally agree.

The charges keep going up with out authorization or justification.

Thumbtack continues to charge my  credit card for potential client responses like "Are you available for my date"  and that is the last time I hear from them.

So what is the NEW system???      Thumbtack charges - again and again

I had two charges in October (2 weeks apart) each for over $50.  No one every got back to me to book my service.

The only ones making any money are the thumbtack people.

Getting disallusioned!  Again!

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I have to agree.  Something doesn't seem right.  I went from being sent requests which I won't bid on anymore because of Thumbtack's broken pricing model to "Are you available for my date?".

The only fixes that I can see to be implemented are:
  1. Charge a fee ($100 per year) to the TT vendors.
  2. If #1 is implemented get rid of the quoting price.
  3. Charge a small fee (like 5% or less) upon "BOOKING" the gig, otherwise NO fee!

Also, I when clicking on Kudos it doesn't work.  This site SUCKS!!!!

0 Kudos
LoveSinger
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution

I am definitely one of the high rated pros that said you people are insane if you think we can afford to pay such exhorbinant fees for leads that half the time don't pan out!  Why should we lose money over and over???  very disappointing. : /

GeorgeH
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

Really Ms. Meckell???? It's amazing, you guys are like the press... you ask questions, then print whatever you darn well pleased from the begining.  It was interesting to see all the responses during the question and answer session.  What was more interesting is that nobody's questions were answered.... the same thing that always happens... The issue was marked as solved, nobody recieved an answer, but we all recieved kudo's... Tell me... what good is a kudo?  Are you proud to be a part of that kind of system?

As for me.. and many other pro's that I speak to, we are all looking elswhere to replace what has become a faulty, unreliable, untrustworthy Thumbtack system.  I used to quote every lead that came my way... In the last month I have scaled that back to 2 or 3 per week.  At the same time, I am sourcing leads from other places.  The money I spend there could have been part of Thumbtack revenue...but... you are chasing the pro's away, along with their money.

It would be nice to actually hear from somebody who listens before saying, "thank you for your feedback."

Enjoy your day...

George

Highlighted

Solved! Jump to solution

Agree George! We should all look somewhere else! Let's stick together and protect ourselves again these corrupt monsters !!!