Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Community Regular
Best Answer
I can tell as all of us being Pro's that none of us are happy with this new way of thumbtack hopefully someone else will start a new Pros job that will go back to the old way of thumbtack, we have also used it for years and love the way it used to work but now the rates are ridiculous $35 for a bid is stupid especially when the customer doesn't even give you the job but contacts you, we will still use it for now but not like we used to we will go elsewhere
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I concur, glad I did not refer other professionals. This company cheats us.  I beleve I am done unless they reverse to the original process. Yesterday I was charged $13.11 for two quotes and no response from curious seeker. What dio I and other professionals get for our quote NOTHING!

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
You quoted two people for 13.00?! I get charged between $25 and $50 per contact generally. Never less than 25, but sometimes more than 50.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
I want to say kudos to you for continuing to stick it out. I definitely have to stop using almost completely since they changed to the current Pricing system. I have also been a top Pro for a couple years. The current system is just completely unaffordable for my business... I can't afford $13-$17 for a $60-80 average per client... And then if they are not interested I don't get any of that back... Hecks no!!!
I'm a small one-person business doing massage therapy. Anything more $2-3 for a quote or a lead is unacceptable.

The only reason I get back on if you contact old clients ... But other than that... I'll pass!

And you are right THUMBTACK has not listened and that why I gave up on it.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Yes, I recently spoke with them and expressed that their fees are unaffordable for my busines, plus nothing uis returned to us. TT is a big toilet money hole, which I cannot afford.  A wishing well would be better.  TT does not listen.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Its getting sad all thumbtack cares about is the money and customer I've made top pro last quarter but they said due to a glitch in there system I wouldn't receive the badge. As for customers I got charged for a guy putting a job for his dad on there without his dad knowing about the job and had already took care of it himself
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Drummerpro,

Thanks for your input. My thoughts exactly. In the new system, you send a quote, soneone responds but does not follow through and show interest, and it costs $20-$30 bucks. Who's kidding who? And I don't know if you or others feel this, but I am guessing that many so-called leads are just scammers looking for our data. I am another who has stopped using Thumbtack.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
I can tell as all of us being Pro's that none of us are happy with this new way of thumbtack hopefully someone else will start a new Pros job that will go back to the old way of thumbtack, we have also used it for years and love the way it used to work but now the rates are ridiculous $35 for a bid is stupid especially when the customer doesn't even give you the job but contacts you, we will still use it for now but not like we used to we will go elsewhere, apparently no one at thumbtack cares.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer

they are not going to do anything but tell you and the rest of us how important it is that they get it right and they are working towards a resolution that is acceptable for anyone, then they will thank you!

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I'm disappointed in thumbtack. You charge me $40 even if somebody answers a question like " if you have any other questions or concerns please contact me". If the client answers okay I'll do it. You imediately charge me the full weeks rate and if I want to continue to bid I need to add more money. That's almost scandalous. That's absurd just because a customer replies back by saying okay or thank-you, you claim that's a conversation starter. That's the excuse that I got when I called Thumbtack. If you look on Yelp you'll see all of the disappointed customers or even former customers of Thumbtack. I've gotten so many duplicate bid requests for the same gig with different names under different genres. And then you charged me twice. That's ridiculous that's why I've stopped using Thumbtack except for a gig that I would really take a risk on winning. Other marketing companies on the internet don't do this and I have a better result with less leads. The leads that I get from Thumbtack are horrible. Another service that I use I pay $32 a month and I have no limits on the number of leads that I can respond and they take a very small percentage of the booking amount. That seems fair and is the case with most most booking agencies. Thumbtack I think you're just a little bit too big for your britches and what you offer is simply not acceptable. I only stay here just in case I get one lead that I can almost guarantee I'm going to win a bid from a business management standpoint Thumbtack I believe, A. You'll either make changes to your bidding process or B. You'll simply lose your customer base and be out of business. I work for an international company that took over and raised prices the first week by over 150% and within two years they went belly-up and had to sell out at less than what they paid for the company which was in the millions of dollars. So good luck thumbtack. I don't wish you ill will but I suspect you need to make changes and make changes soon before everyone smartens up and goes elsewhere