Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Community Regular
Best Answer
I hear all this grumble over go back to the old way. Let me address a few things.
1. I love the new way and how the pricing structure is set up.
2. If you don’t want to instant quote turn it off! You only have to quote on what you have time for and I treated in.
3. My quote to spending has gone down! Now I only get charged on leads that respond. I quote more often and since I quote more often get to pick and choose who I work with
4. If anyone has done any marketing you know that 1-5 is an amazing ratio for any type contact/lead based customer builder. And Thumbtack is higher than that. What this means is you pay for 5 leads but 1 becomes a client. That should be built into your pricing structure to cover this.

Thank you Thumbtack for changing and I appreciate how you have helped me build my photography business
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

My biggest complaint is the new process you have started that shows up as a customer contact without bids.

we dont get to see what this contact costs, and the first one of these i answered cost me $30 and the customer never reponded to me or any of the other pros, and did not hire anyone. I believe if the customer does not hire any pro we  should get a discount on the contact.

I am a one man shop and do not have time to check my tt account for leads until the end of the day, so intant match does not work for me.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
So turn off instant leads.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

Let' be honest here, the pricing has become ridiculous.  Somedays, I'm charged 38 dollars for a lead and other times I'm charged 30.  I don't know whats charged until I get the weekly statement.  I went from getting 15 viable leads per week to getting 2, and I am a top pro attorney with a 4.9 rating, 93 reviews, and 236 times hired. Once the system went automated and I could not cater my response to suit the potential clients needs, things went downhill.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

The Better Business Bureau report on Thumbtack shows people complaining they are unable to get refunds, so I cannot give Thumbtack my credit card number.  If Thumbtack could channel all transactions through PayPal, they could then charge on the basis of what was actually paid for the job.  Simple, no?

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

The pricing/ bidding always seems to constantly change. Thumbtack has become 1 of the Most expensive lead services out there We pretty much completely stopped using this service this yr. They're basically home adviser with a different name.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

I'm very disappointed with the pricing change in thumbtack.   In fact I have registered with BARK and others sites because they treat you much better and pricing is fair.   To pay $50-75.00 per client is outragious when most are just shoppers and no intent of moving forward.   Unfortunately all you offer is expensive garbage.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

For years I have said the same things about pricing and how and why we are charged.

Clients do not read, then they ask a question that was already answered and we pay a premium for it.

I have suggested many solutions over the years and had 45min+ conversations with management. You are not listening.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
Why can't you just charge us once we've been hired. If i'm going to pay$30 to respond and then it goes nowhere that is unfair. ...i'm sure there's a way to allow us as professionals to land the job then be charged...I wouldn't mind paying for that. At least ...i'm getting something out of it for sure. Your current system is not working and I'm just declining most of the requests because I'm not paying$20 to $30 to maybe get hired to clean someone's house. You need to come up with something better as it is not really working.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer

if they spent time following up with customers who contact us, and not making excuses and promises, we might be happy!