Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Active Community Member
Best Answer

I totally agree with you. Each customer should have a phone number. TT trys to circumvent us contacting them on our own, if there is a phone umber.The old way was better and there seemed to be better customers. Is anyone else having problems with this new round of supposed customers since they TT changed their platform?

Some of my responses don't even seem legit? Is TT just sending us crap requests so they can deduct CASH FROM OUR ACCOUNTS? I DON'T KNOW BUT SOMETHING SEEMS AWRY. I'll use them here and there but as long as they are vague, and make every effort to hide how they price for quotes, I'll be more selective. It's a shame because the old way was fair and now the prcing structure is ridiculous. This is gauging the PROS. 

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Got tired of being charged the full fee when someone responded with "are you available on my date?" without even providing the date! Stopped using the service entirely when one quote was costing 4x what the previous quotes were costing me. Keep in mind, TT is collecting their fee every time no matter if someone gets hired or not from one of their so called leads.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Hotel,

Right, right, right.

ZS

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I pay to much do I stopped using them all together.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

This one is most frustratiing. If I am not available why i would send a quote.  This message is just a scam to charge us. There are many like that.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

My todays customer, got my quote and information. Then emailed me to ask "can I just do this myself"? Cost to me $19.50

I called Tumbtack for a refund and Mike said "my suggestion is to give less information out when you quote"

In which all Pro's know will result in more customers writing back with a ton of question in which case Pros will pay for also.

Either way we loose.

What is so Ironic is that Vinamrata in the video above said "customers Expect information from the Pros" and Mike from Thumbtack was telling me different just today 10/25/18

gary

Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
I hate the new pricing system. It makes absolutely no sense to pay for someone saying "thank you for your speedy quote" I respond back to get more details on how I can help them and they don't respond. I'm done with THUMBTACK
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I agree sometimes I think its Thumbtack sending the quotes as they are pretty stupid all geared towards you to click on and then you are charged etc. Example whens your next availability you respond then thats the last you here from them mean while you got charged. I'm about to stop Thumbtack I'm still making money if I get the bedbug jobs but its the principle.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I sometimes think the same thing. This has to be TT sending the request and charging me. Two customers even booked appointments with no phone number, of course, no show, and I was charged.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that it was them or some type of Thumbtack computer not sending these ridiculous request! I can't even take request serious anymore.