Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I really doubt that they will let this one go through...but here goes anyway, What service are you using that is $35 a month? Sounds like a deal!

Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Yeah what service do you use? I would like to find a more affordable service. I have this sneaky suspicion that TT is only out for the money. Im not using TT much because I think that they are far...far too costly and I feel that Im wasting money as the contacts don't even respond back to you!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer

Definition of insanity , asking the same question over and over

and expecting a different answer

Be like me , Quit till is changes 

Or win the lottery

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I have been A Thumbtack Pro for 2 years and can no longer use there service due to Quote pricing. It is unfortunate, I did not mind spending 25.00 a week to send out 7-8 quotes with a return of 1-2 students. With the current pricing I would have to spend Hundreds for the same results and it would take months to recoup the investment assuming the said client was serious and continued with my services. Thumbtack is way to risky an investment with no value to my current business model.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
The old system was so GOOD! I wouldnt mind if you charged a little more but i am unable to bid on most jobs anymore. A couple of misses and ive got overdraft fees! Its really hurt my business bad. Im sorry but thats the truth.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

Agree wholeheartedly. The ones who the new pricing system affects most of all is our customers. It presents a real quandary for me as I don't want to raise retail price, but will have to, unfortunately,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
I would get 20 or more requests a day now maybe one or two. Pros in my area and my field have all but stopped using the service because of these new prices and most get me a reminder as nobody else is bidding. Less customer traffic because pros don't respond.. How is that a good business model?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
I've been a pro now for nearly four and a half years and a top Pro most of that time for that amount of time Thumbtack has been my primary source of marketing I use thumbtack as opposed to other services specifically for the reason that it was affordable and realistically priced however with these new changes I have not even come close to doing the business that I was doing specifically because of the fact that the inconsistent pricing and unrealistic amounts that Thumbtack charges for lead is absolutely ridiculous if I wanted to pay exorbitant prices for leads so many of the other top sites unfortunately Thumbtack is going to lose the majority of their good customers and prose because of the fact that they don't really value what the pros bring to the table for them I can see that they're mostly interested in their bottom line don't really have a very sincere interest in promoting the pros business model I want to continue to use thumbtack but under the current business model it just isn't effective for me if you do a bid and use instant match they send their prewritten template which is ineffective as anything I've ever seen and if you don't use instant match maybe one of every ten bids that I send out I get a return on it's unfortunate because Thumbtack was such a gold mine when it started out I hope these guys will consider what their best interests are as far as the future goes you might make some money now but you're going to lose a ton of customers
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
You have summed up the problems with the new system very nicely. I am a too pro as well & I doubt I will continue my services because I charged way over $20 this week because someone requested my services, sent me a message asking when they could call me. I responded within am hour just to have them tell me they just found a family friend to do it. No way that is good business practices Thumbtack. Shame on you for running good pros away by being greedy!!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Exactly! The old system was so straightforward and simple. Now, I'm getting stale leads and, frankly, have no idea what I'm being charged. It's a mess. Just send us the customers and let us decide how to proceed. And being charged, like, $14.74 just to reply to a customer who is already interested in my services? Really? Enough already!

0 Likes