Highlighted
Best Answer

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Thanks. You said it much better than I did.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
Hola,

Thanks for sharing.
Yes I am one of them that would love prices going back to what they were. Lets be realistic with all the new changes in technology etc their will be operational increases which I total get. However, at the same time we all would like to see a return.

One of my main problem with the pricing is - you respond to a customer and they just view and nothing else to be charged.

Another is when you reply and you interact with them with several messages and for them to say the cost etc and not move forward- or just price shopping- is a waste of my time but most CREDIT >CHARGES.
How can we fix this?

I like the old system because you knew how much credit was needed for that job and the cost of each credit - which allows you to decide of you wanted to reply or not.

Regards,

PPP
Highlighted
Best Answer

Active Community Member
Best Answer

with all the new changes in technology etc their will be operational increases 

Technology should drive DOWN prices, not increase them. This is a website. If they can't be profitable with the old system, TT needs new management.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Did you guys listen to the pros at all?  This is an embarresment for Thumbtack customer service and the overall business.  Look at all of these comments.  I can assure you that we are not the only ones that stopped using thumbtack.  I came on here to see if anything has changed and nothing has.  I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to charge me to post this comment.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
😂🤣😅😂🤣😂 "charge to post a comment" ...

Don't give them any ideas! 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
That was funny!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
Honestly, the pricing system is very flawed. And when people say that customers are shopping around or not responding to texts, we mean it. We keep your business running, not the customers. The people that you should cater to are us. I will absolutely take more quality clients, even if that means that you chop the number of leads I get in half. I am very tired of paying $300 out of the $400 dollars each month I pay for the people that don't know if they are ready. Start vetting the customers better and we will be glad to pay more.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer

Pretty poor justification for the pricing hike.

They make it look like its a better system reasoning that "you only pay when someone responds". Guess what... thats the way it was before! Only the "leads" costed me 7x less over what you want to charge me now. Used to pay $10-$15 per lead, now its a min of $75!!! For what?! What kind of "pro" would pay such money for an unqualied lead? Are you getting on the call with prospects and qualify them for me? Keep getting job requests where someone just needs a 1-2 hr consultation. You want me to pay $75 for THAT? Your new "smart" system doesn't adjust the lead quote based on that example. I didn't mind to gamble with $10-$15 for a unqualified lead, no way in the world would I pay $75 just to speak to someone. You have to understand that you haven't imporvoved the service while charging us exponentially more.

You guys were a great service and now I've re-purposed the budget elsewhere. This is very unfortunate and a clear downspiral for Thumback.

Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Regular
Best Answer
Exactly the way it was before. I only paid for leads that I quoted! the other interesting part of the old system was that in my market where they were not five professionals responding those quotes would be completely free. That doesn't exist anymore. This Thumbtack has not helped my profession in the last 6 months. Clients are not finding new massage therapist to Thumbtack I can guarantee you that. They rather go on Yelp and look through the 5 to 10 Mi radius and pick someone from there. because I have been only one in several massage therapist who responds and I know I'm not responding so I know the rest of the massage therapist around in this area also limiting the people they respond to.
Highlighted
Best Answer

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
The pricing system does absolutely suck.
THUBMTACK IS AN ABSOLUTE L as far as reputation goes.
Sure they might get great short term gains from this price system but after a while even the newbies will realize hey there’s better systems out there then this. Thumbtack’s one of those company’s that we won’t see for too long