Amen. You should only pay if you WIN THE CUSTOMER. Not if they reply.
Thumbtack makes money on everytime a customer is answered by a potential professional.
Should not have to pay until that customer is "booked" or until there is a "hired" by the customer. It should be set up so that the person who wins the account pays for the lead. Then I can see $20.
Hi Rebecca, Yes we are available on your date as of right now. Can I get your number so I can give you a call? I would love to help with your event! we have been DJs for over 20 years and know what It takes to have a great and safe time. Your event should be fun for all! and we are fully insured you also get us coming out and not someone that doesn't know what they are doing. So you can give me a call or I can give you a call to set something up with you. Thank you for reaching out to DJST for your event. Ask for Anna
Good afternoon Rebecca, just checking In with you to see If you have received your quote! and are ready to get your date In the books. Please let me know soon so we can to get together and go over what you would like. Thank you again, Anna.
Hi, Rebecca are you still looking for your DJ? Please let me know as I would love to be part of It. Thanks, Anna
Just like this!! I never heard from them! But I paid for It!!
My actual name is Yohan Chu.
I had few crappy customers during my years with Thumbtack.
1. This lady said that she owe me for not being at the meeting location with her child and then sends angry text messages. So, tracked the text messages to prove what she has said and I was able to get the money she owed (she didn't come out but her husband and I had to show him the text message to make sure what she has promised). I had to travel about 25 miles for this.
2. Second lady was nice and all but she stopped without any notice. So, I contacted Thumbtack to find out if she has stopped. And sure enough, so did without any explanation. I knew in my head but I had to make sure.
3. One female college student gave me 2-star rating for inefficient communication and not delivering her hopes. In communication part, I was driving toward her destination and it was/is illegal to drive & text. So, I didn't. For tutoring her (Precalculus), it was very odd when she told me that her professor told her class to study on their own. I asked her about the format of the test but she couldn't give me one. Not only that, she failed the same course twice before she met me. It started really great with great conversations but that didn't last long. Basically, she had plenty of opportunities to get me before that time and it would've been much better outcome.
4. Third lady was also started with great conversations but that didn't last long either. I had to tutor her daughter at the Panera Bread in Henderson NV but she (mother) wasn't there: her uncle came out instead. I asked the student about where her mother is (because she said she will be there) and she answered as "northern Nevada." I asked her again by saying, "You mean Reno, NV?" and she answer back as "I mean Summerlin." After tutoring was over, she gave me 1-star rating and I was shocked. So, I contacted Thumbtack about this situation and they told me to reply to her feedback (if I have to) to address my side so future customers can see what has really happened. After my response, people are believing my side of the story than hers (even today). It was unforgettable experience.
5. Forth lady I worked for was environmental scientist. And her daughter was struggling with Algebra 2. After few sessions, the student and her sisters didn't have the money. So, I tried to contact her (mom). I couldn't get any answer from her so I contacted the Thumbtack again. I told Thumbtack that "I will go to her house." and few days later I was able to get what I've worked for. Student was bright young girl and her grade did get improved.
6. Recently, this lady I worked for had some issues. Her son is in Algebra 1 and he was struggling badly. So, I asked his mom about his previous year with Pre-Algebra and she said "He got a B. But he used his phone to take a picture of the question and let his phone figure it out for him." As soon as I heard that, I knew it will be very hard for him to get any sort of grasp of Algebra since he didn't do any work and doesn't have record that he did it. And he was very edgy, unmotivated, and sometimes irritating because he doesn't like math. He improved a little since I tutored him. My last day was Oct 22, 2018 where his Mom canceled without notification and said "My son is not improving. We will work with his teacher at his school." As soon as I heard that, my head said "halleluiah" and they gave me final pay (for 1hr).
7. Recently, I applied for Geometry and this guy was an uncle to student I was helping. One bizzare question was: Are you Asian? and I replied Yes. And then, his response was: I'll give it a shot. How weird is this? I had to travel to her home (about 20 miles) for that.
To sum it up, I had to prove to them to make sure I get what "we" agreed on.