Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
ericdarden50
Community Regular

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Solved! Jump to solution
Yes never available Mgmt wise if you have a problem they want to make you email your issue and never speak directly to you . I've had numerous issues and have yet to get the return call promised to me by anyone period .
ThumbtackUsedTo
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

I used to care, I used to fill every feedback request, I used to email them with suggestions...

Nothing.

I'm right there behind ya. So disappointed Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Bosco
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

My main concern is when you get a lead, and you may have a question you would like to ask the customer but don't want to spend 50.00 to ask a question about the job, TT should change their questions to the customers so we as vendor have enough information about the job before we decide to go and 50.00

Dalecooper82
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
Yes! We should be able to ask questions of the customer without being penalized. I have had to pay OITRAGEOUS fees just to find out that the customer wanted way more than they said initially and the scope of the project was much larger. I'm a video producer and photographer and sometimes customers will have a super vague request, or will not mention half of the important details. You ask them for the details and find out that they want you to do a job that would cost you $2500 for $400. For that thumbtack charges me $50
revbrian
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution

I have been censored for stating my opinion because (once again) my comment was not "positive enough".

Why do you think my opinion isn't "positive enough"?

Could it have been my criticism the core subject matter?

The video should - as ever - have high production values (I'm going to look past the uneven lighting that seems to come from just one side and the rather low volume of the audio), but every single word about the core issue (as witnessed by the hundreds of others saying the same thing), stands, whatever you may edit out.

Hankster
Community Veteran

How Does TT Determine The Amount To Charge For A Lead?

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm a DJ service pro. Been with TT since 2009. Stuck with TT through thick & thin. When I get charged for a lead whether it's Instant Match or manual I would like to see a breakdown of how TT came up with that amount. There's obviously a pricing chart that TT uses but you folks DO NOT want to be transparent & share that information with myself & all of the other service pros who help pay to keep TT in business. Something that you all at TT seem to consistently forget on a regular basis!

For example, I recently reviewed a manual request from Angelica C. If I would have responded to her request & she said something other than ‘no thanks’ it would have cost me $33.41. How did TT come up with that EXACT amount to charge a DJ service pro for this request? I asked that same question to TT Support. I got a response back from Emily on the TT Support Team that 'TT doesn’t have an itemized list of what factors going into the pricing’. Cut it out! If there is no itemized list or pricing chart then how in the heck do you figure out what to charge then? Are these prices being pulled out of your collective a$$e$!!!!! SOMEBODY IN MANAGEMENT OR AT THE CEO LEVEL HAS TO KNOW THIS! Otherwise there is some unfair billing practices going on that needs to be investigated by the Better Business Bureau! STOP THE NONSENSE ALREADY TT! Work with your service pros & be transparent for crying out loud! 

I love this statement that you see on the manual requests:

'We work hard to be fair. So small jobs cost less than big jobs'. REALLY? OK! PROVE IT! What does that statement mean exactly? For example in the DJ category what is considered a small job? Medium job? Large job? Again somebody in the management or CEO level HAS TO know this.

Dazzle
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
Hey tt want to explain why my post was removed from this thread. You claimed it violated community guidelines and yet criticism is welcomed. FUN FACT is what I did post. If you don't like hearing that many of us pros are unhappy with many changes you are doing with us and not with possible leads as well then maybe you should not ask our opinion at all then. I gave a reason that this new system is not a benefit for so many, what possible leads usually are on a day by day basis (85-90% non existant), I even gave a couple suggestions that could had been looked at that may had been a bit of a help to maybe utilize for both pros and leads. But I guess TT hates hearing that they are not taking all criticism to thought. Also thumbtack I have noticed a raise in my lead prices and HECK NO I am not sending quotes, my profits would be almost nothing. It's very sad, I actually liked thumbtack, saw how good it could had been or could still be but sadly I don't see it getting there any time soon and am not going to waste almost $30 on a lead. I have kids to feed, I am not wasting any profit on your site.
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

Sorry for any confusion @Dazzle! Your post is still there to see and read HERE. We definitely appreciate your insight and the thoughts you've shared. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

0 Kudos
Jim
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution
My thread got deleted too!! I got an email telling me I wasn't positive. This is telling me all I need to hear, thumbtack only wants to hear our opinions of we are going to agree with them...
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@Jim we welcome ideas, feedback, and criticism in regards to Thumbtack so that we can see things from all angles in order to improve. However, those comments need to remain constructive, and comments that violate the Community Guidelines will be up for editing or removal. If you have questions about this feel free to reach out to me for clarification.

0 Kudos