Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
Salina
Community Newcomer

Re: Pricing Q&A wrap-up

Solved! Jump to solution
I totally agree. The jobs look tempting- until every client is ‘only conducting research’ and flakes out. Joined Thumbtack in 2016 and only got 1 legitimate client. Now, you have to give up cc info even if you supposedly have credits in your bank. Ugh- a bit too demanding to service providers, don’t you think?
soloprolawncare
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
Being in lawn care and landscaping. Getting charged $25 for a lead on a job that that goes for $40 is ridiculous.. I used to send 4 to 5 quotes every day now maybe one a month tops. Furthermore there are other contractors who use your site for market pricing who claim to be potential customers. I'm at the point now where I really don't need these types of services anymore and I would not recommend your site to any other contractors..
Nevaeh1227
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
I began using TT when I started my house cleaning business in 2009. It WAS my main and only source receiving new clients. Soon I had a great business with a very comfortable amount of clients. 5 star reviews from clients. Paying around $3.38 per quote. Even when they had a “slight” increase it was obtainable. It was great when we used to only pay for quotes if we were hired by the customers! The “old” version worked for business owners!! I have expanded my business last year and greatly wanted to grow the expansion through TT, but NOT at their ridiculous new pricing and how you give a quote to a customer!! I have NOT used TT in ONE year due to these Outragious changes! This past week I thought I would send a reply to a potential customer.....until I noticed that I was going to be charged $28 to quote on a house cleaning service!!! NO THANK YOU!!! Thumbtack, I USED to refer your company to other business owners, but certainly not any more! So many business owners, including myself stay far away from TT! You are losing ALOT of customers/businesses with your new system!
Highlighted
Bosco
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

Your quotes are 28.00, mine are 50.00, I have scaled back also, I can't afford to pay $50.00 for a lead that ends with the phrase "We will get back to you" from the client. and a surprise from my bank statement for 200.00 in Thumbtack charges

Lekkerlou96
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

I have shared many of the same sentiments that have been voiced here. Many with the same failed excuses of why this system remains flawed. You wonder why so many have opted for other options. I adored my previous experience with thumbtack.. you keep messing with the secret sauce.  That said.. I am getting another burger, elsewhere.

ThumbtackUsedTo
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

exactly how I felt!

I used to ADORE Thumtback and used to refer it to everyone.

Now I tell them to stay as far away as possible.

That secret sauce is no more Smiley Sad

DrJill
Active Community Member

Solved! Jump to solution

I do NOT like to have to set a weekly budget and NOT know how much is being paid for a lead!   I also do not want to pay for a lead that just responds to my quote with a "thank you for responding type note" with no questions or request for booking!  Have not used Thumbtack since this started and do NOT plan to until the payment is more fair to the professional.

Dr Jill

Saammi
Community Newcomer

Solved! Jump to solution

Wrong to pay for a quote just because someone views it. No communication just TT ringing up their earnings and draining us pros. Thumbtack does not listen.

Timdogg
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution
I guess they're calling our bluff. They feel as though we will still use their services no matter how much we complain about the prices. I for one will call their bluff. I will no longer use a service that takes advantage of me, I value myself and my business more than that. I've gotten alot of business from Thumbtack and I'm grateful for that, but I will not be taken advantage of. So I will no longer be using this Platform anymore. I can use the money that I put into nonexistent Clients into marketing myself. And to Thumbtack, it may seem like you're winning now but Karma is real and all the dishonest seeds you're sowing you will have to reap. Best of luck to all of you who continue to use this site.
Bosco
Community Regular

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree....

0 Kudos